Chapter XV: Past

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
"Eh?," he asked, bewildered, apparently feeling no pain at all. "Whaddya youngsters need from this old geezer?,"

"Sir, we are looking for a man named Kim Namjoon." Jimin asked, hiding behind Hoseok.

"Oh, you mean the guy who went plummeting in the air?," The old man asked.

"Yes, yes, he's the one." Jin replied hastily, crossing his arms in front of him. "Happen to know where he went?,"

"I don't live in that man's brain, don't expect me to know!," The old man retorted.

"Honestly, you're useless." Jin snapped with a sigh, then he gestures us to get in the car.

"I do have information, though." The old man piped up, now grinning. "See, my grandson's with him."
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Your...grandson?," Jin asked bluntly.

"Yes, I no longer sense his presence here in Seoul." The old man replied, closing his eyes and breathed sharply.

"How are you gemischts doing these power things?," You asked, then pointed at Jin. "This guy here can create smoke people."

"I see, I see." The old man replied, opening his eyes. "And I suppose that Namjoon kid can create monsters who does his bidding."

Then he eyed Hoseok, and Jimin.

"I suppose you are both gemischts, yes?," he piped up.  "Well, what can you guys do?,"

"I can shape shift." Jimin said, then with a loud poof, he became Ginseng and purred.

"Errr...well..." Hoseok stammered after seeing the expectant look in the old man's face. "I can make tea."

The old man choked on air and started holding back his laughter. The old man started becoming blue and you nudged Hoseok, who looked like he was fine looking at the old man suffering.

"Soo-yeon, can I have a word? Alone?," Hoseok asked, adding the last bit because Jimin and Melody were opening their mouths.

You nodded and you both took a turn, somewhere out of earshot.

"So, what do you want to talk about?," You asked Hoseok, looking at his now blank eyes.

"That old man is...quite strange, don't you agree?," Hoseok asked, looking at the clear sky. "His aura changed when he roused... Like he was someone powerful."

"So, your point is...?," You asked, now curious.

Hoseok ignored this, however. "He gets on my nerve, that old chap." Hoseok carried on. "I mean, I can't talk about my powers to an old man! Not when my brain thinks he's an enemy."

"Hoseok, what do you mean?," You asked, now panicking. "You're saying that-"

"-that we should kill him? Yeah." Hoseok said, biting his lower lip.

There were a few moments of silence, then you burst out laughing.

"Nice joke!," You said between laughs. You sputtered for breath, and you continued laughing. "Seriously though, Hoseok." You said, trying to stop laughing. "What is your power?,"