Chapter V: Hatred

Namjoon jolted up and looked at his reflection at the mirror.

He still looked the same, but he was different. He had fangs.

A boy slipped inside the bathroom and gasped.

"Namjoon, why?," he asked Namjoon, looking at his fangs in disappointment.

Namjoon sighed and shook his head. "It threatened to kill me."

The boy just stood there, looking at Namjoon in disappointment.

"You said..." The boy muttered. "You said you'll never accept that side... You said-"

The boy started to cry and ran outside the bathroom.

"Jungkook, wait!," Namjoon reached out but the boy was too far from his reach.

He collapsed on the floor and cried.

~|♧|~

Melody suddenly jerked and stood up so suddenly in the middle of the History test.

"Yes, Ms. Veradimo?," Ms. Park, the History teacher, asked.

"M-may I go to the restroom?," Melody requested, bowing her head down.

Ms. Park nodded and Melody bounded outside the classroom and ran to the girls' restroom.

You look at her seat, a purple bunny themed pen on it.

The bell rang after a few minutes and everyone groaned. Most of the class was unable to finish the test, unlike you, who finished in no time.

You rushed to the girls' restroom but Melody wasn't there. Suddenly, you stop in your tracks and felt a rush of anxiety overcome you.

Namjoon... You thought nervously as you passed through the halls.

You saw Namjoon headed your way but he barely looked at you.

"Namjoon?," You asked. He says nothing and just zips past you.

There was a faint mist forming a little boy that was following him. You focus on the mist but it faded immediately.

Then you realize.

~|♧|~

Melody ran towards you, panting.

"What's wrong?," You asked her as she continued to pant. She looked up and pointed to Namjoon.

"Gemischt." she managed to croak out. "He's becoming a level 2 gemischt.

You look at her in surprise. "Does that mean we have to capture him immediately?," You ask her. She nodded and sighed. "I don't want to capture him when he's not doing harm to anyone."

You nodded.

People were heading outside and so was Jin.

"Jin!," You called out. He looked behind him, trying to find the source of the voice. "Up here, you dimwit!," You shrieked again and he looked up and found you.

"Emergency." You said, and jumped off the open window and landed on your feet.

"What the hell?," A girl near you said, bewildered about you bravely jumping down without getting harmed.