Chapter X: Boyfriend

~|♧|~WARNING! There is a part with self-harm. Read with caution, please.~|♧|~

"What have I done..." You muttered to yourself as you paced back and forth in your apartment room. "Jin left, Melody left, I'm all alone-"

You were distracted by the loud continuous meowing at the door.

You opened it and your ginger-furred cat was sitting there, licking its paws.

"Ginseng!," You exclaimed, grabbing the cat and hugging it tightly. The cat seemed to appreciate all the attention it is currently getting.

"Where have you been, you dingdong?," You asked him, knowing that he won't respond, but still, you asked it anyways.

Ginseng seemed oddly interested in the couch, often purring on it and just sitting in front of it, and you knew what this meant.

"Jin left, Ginseng." You said. "He broke his promise of helping me."

But did you help him help you capture Namjoon? A voice in the back of your head asked. You just made matters worse by being his girlfriend, and Jin couldn't take it anymore.

You suddenly realize that everything the voice said was true. Jin was telling you to decide properly, but you definitely didn't and made matters worse.

You fall on your knees and cover your face with your hands. "I failed Jin, Ginseng." You muttered as tears streamed down your face.

Ginseng approached you and placed a paw on your knee. You take your hands off your face and scratch him behind his ears.

At least you knew that there was someone who is there for you.

~|♧|~

"And I said, I said, 'Oh boy, this is gonna be tough work!,'" Mr. Kang said to his co-workers, clutching his bottle of Heineken on one hand, and the other was demonstrating his actions.

"Mr. Kang, please report to the CEO's office immediately." Announced a voice on the speaker.

Mr. Kang sighed and handed his beer bottle to one of his co-workers and started to head up the long stairs to Mr. Veradimo's office.

He pushed open the door and was greeted by a frustrated looking Mr. Veradimo.

"Sir?," Mr. Kang asked, trying to look as sober as he can.

"Please, call me Jeffrey." Mr. Veradimo said, gesturing him to come closer.

Mr. Kang walked towards his boss and peered over the huge screen built in the desk of Mr. Veradimo.

Kim Taehyung, the most dangerous gemischt they ever saw, was barking at a guard and tugging on his chains.

"It's a wonder why he didn't turn into a mist or something." Mr. Kang blurted out.

Mr. Veradimo looked at him like he was insane. "Boy, don't you remember? There are hidden censors in their cages to prevent them from breaking free."

Mr. Kang looked less sober now. He was sometimes chuckling to himself silently and would earn a look from Mr. Veradimo.

"Uh, please secure Kim Taehyung's cell, so that we can prevent another break out." Mr. Veradimo said, and Mr. Kang nodded and laughed hysterically on his way out.