Chapter Four.

-Impossible to sit still in a bed doing nothing. Especially when her mind kept wandering to a special someone. She guessed, she could understand how that saiyan felt when he was forced to remain in bed, after all. Shifting her eyes to her bedside table, she realized as she studied the flowers in a vase; that lately, Yamcha had gone out of his ways to make her happy. He'd totally surprised her when he started caring for her, bringing her flowers and sometimes spent the night watching her as she sleeps. It's been a week since the incident occurred and most of her wounds had nearly healed. But this wasn't what worried her or even occupied most of her thought lately.

She'd heard that Vegeta too had been deeply injured in the ship's blast. Unfortunately, Yamcha and her parents were adamant to not let her visit the saiyan. At least not until she was fully healed which had been quite frustrating to her of course.

Light knocks at her door forced her out of her trance. Despite the fact that she was no saiyan or even human with profoundly gifted abilities, she knew already who was at her door. This had been his routine for the past few days and he would come everyday; at the exact same time. Unlike the precedent days, she didn't remain in bed and wait for him to enter. Instead, she stood to her feet, went to open the door for him.

"Hey Bulma!" Greeted her ex-boyfriend as he walked into the room. He'd brought another bunch of flowers. If she didn't know him very well, she would've sworn that he was up to something. "Shouldn't you be in bed?"

"Well! My legs aren't injured, remember? Besides, I'm fully healed now!" Bulma declared nonchalantly as her eyes accidentally landed on the clock.

"You see Bulma...I've been wanting to tell you some..." Yamcha who'd been rubbing the back of his head like an idiot, ranting something; paused as he noticed the blue hair beauty's attention was elsewhere, gaze distant.

"Oh hey! Bulma, can you hear me?! Earth to Bulma! Hellooo!" He desperately tried to drag her out of her trance. Indeed, she suddenly snapped out of it and her attention shifted back to Yamcha.

"Sorry Yamcha! You were saying?!" Her eyes delved into his intensely. It appears that her serious expression made it seemed like she'd been thinking about important stuff. Could it be matters related to the incident that happened the other day? If she was somehow traumatized by the event, Yamcha would somehow help her out of it.

     "Was just asking if you're feeling any better!" Yamcha sheepishly tried to escape the embarrassment of what he'd been dying to tell her earlier.

        "I'm good Yamcha! Thanks for asking!" She was again sinking in a daze.

   "Bulma?! What's wrong?! I can tell something is bothering you!"

        "Yamcha! Tell me something; how's Vegeta?!" The top of her concern had been the saiyan prince of course. Tightening his grips around the bunch of flowers, he decided to remain calm.

          "He's okay! Although the knuckle-head is insisting on training!"

    "Is that so? Did you guys do something to stop him?" The news on the saiyan prince had been enough to ignite some emotions on Bulma's part and although he was irritated by her concern about that guy, he decided to be calm, give her the infos she needed so it could be just the two of them alone again. No more Vegeta and stuff.

       "Thankfully, I was able to bring some reason in him! But anyway!"

  "Thanks a lot Yamcha! In fact; I need one more favor from you!" Bulma declared sweetly and warmth crept onto the mafia boys face.

         "Yes, tell me! You know I'd do anything you ask!"

   "Could you tell the cook to prepare a lot of delicious dishes! Not that I'm hungry but it's almost breakfast time and I was thinking that I can probably bring Vegeta some food!!" Bulma averred. So this had been the reason of her preoccupation.