Chapter Ten.

-Days had flown by as he sank into his internal depression. She'd stop showing up for breakfast, lunch or even dinner. He knew it was partly due to what he'd said the other night. The gravity simulator however, had been completed and he'd resumed his training within the spaceship, using her drones. Strangely that night, he was restless and couldn't quite force himself to sleep due to the deafening sound of thunder. Glancing at the bedside table where the clock stood, he read 00: 00 a.m. Sliding off his bed, hand clasped to his forehead, he strolled toward the window.

      "Damn it! I can't sleep because of this thunderstorm!" He muttered in a monologue and frown as he noticed the open door of the spaceship.

         "Huh? What is this?" He questioned curiously, hearing the strange sounds coming from his simulator. "What is she doing there at this time? Don't tell me..."

        A surge of anger engulfed him as he remembered her promise. She broke it. He knew she was a perfectionist but she did promised that she'd never approached the gravity room. Most importantly, he was worried. The image of her wounded, flashed through his head and he growled.

       'I know she promised but...I have a bad feeling about this...' he thought to himself.

      "Damn it woman! What are you doing there?!" He cursed alone in the dark, face twisted in anxiety.

         On the other hand, within the spaceship, Bulma wiped her sweaty forehead as she glanced down at the set of wires she's been working on. She knew she'd broken her promise to Vegeta but this was something she had to do if she wished to ensure his safety.

     "Alright! That should do it!" She sighed. The sudden thunder roar dragged her out of her trance and she flinched. She's always been secretly afraid of thunder.

       "Damn it! Is something wrong with the electrical framework?" She diverted her attention to what she's been doing this whole time before being interrupted by the thunder.

       "Come on!" She sank her hands into the circuits as she tried to work on it so as to reestablish the electricity.

    "Ouch!" She shrieked in annoyance, mistakenly knocking her forehead against the control-board above her head.

         "Okay! You know what?!" She muttered to herself as she pressed onto the emergency button above her head. "I think this might come in handy!"

         "Pff! I was so close to..."

   "Woman!" A sudden tap onto the metal behind startled her. The familiar voice chastised; "what the hell is wrong with you? Are you crazy? Do you wish to blow up the gravity room again!"

      "Me? Crazy? I don't believe I heard correctly!" She sneered angrily, stood to her feet, hands gliding down to her waist as she faced the tyrant, before continuing; "think again! You were the one who blew up the simulator! You almost killed me!"

     "You're the world most stupidest woman if you believes that!" He yelled back consumed with his own fury as he approached her.

       "Stop calling me that! If you keep on being such a jerk, you can find someone else to help you out with your bots or even this machine!" She retaliated and added afterward; "I can't risk my life for someone who isn't grateful for what I'm doing! Especially you, who don't give a damn about anything!"

    'What am I even thinking?' She thought to herself, biting over her lower lips completely vexed.

      'Why is he even here?! Really! Who does he think he is?!' She studied his beautiful lips pressed into a thin stern line. He could've responded with harsh insult but he didn't. Something seemed awfully odd.