Chapter Seven.

-They say that some special features runs deeps through the genes of bloodline. Similarly to Dr. Brief, Bulma had a habit of staying up the whole night when she was up to something. Currently, she needed to make some more amelioration to her drones. Considering how Vegeta seemed to have been quite bored these past few days since the gravity machine was still under maintenance, she wanted to give him something that might actually boost up his interest and keep him occupy for a while.

         Being addicted to perfection and influenced by other factors such as the explosion of the simulator, happened to make her want to limit the possibilities of fatal blasts again. This was exactly  the same dedication she'd expected from her father when she'd asked him to put his level best in the amelioration of the capsule. Limiting Vegeta's exposure to damage was on of her top main priorities.

          Placing the screwdriver back on her desk, she stood up quite exhausted, stretching herself and blinking away the sleepiness that had started to take over. One thing she was happy about; Vegeta's armor was fit for a trial, though not complete yet and she knew that the latter would drop by her lab later on so as to try the most awaited outfit. Even she'd been very enthusiastic about the idea of seeing him in the designed gear she'd perfected just for the inflexible man. Peering at her hand-watch as she yawned lazily. It was currently 3:00 am in the morning. Perhaps she could grab a glass of water and head straight to bed. She saunter lazily toward the door of her lab, switched off the lights; yawned again as she made her way toward the kitchen.

        Despite the sleepiness that engulfed her, she could distinguished the dim lights in the kitchen, accompanied with some clinking noise.

     "Hmm! Why's mom still up at this hour?" She yawned to herself as she approached the said kitchen.

      Stopping by the doorway, her sleepiness vanished as her eyes widened in surprise, absorbing the sight of a very familiar stringent, well toned body hovering at the opened fridge door. Now she understood. Switching on the lights, she noticed as his head jerk in her direction, with a dry toast hanging over his mouth, while he gave her the death glare for interrupting his deeds.

       "You know, you're probably not gonna find anything good in there!" She noted approaching him.

      "Mmff?" He mumbled. She couldn't help but find him cute but chose to restrain herself from teasing him, knowing all too well he was probably going to escape her presence again. Like he always did in fact whenever she would taunt him.

       "We're due for a grocery run... I was heading to bed but anyway, I can make you something better than that stale dry toast!" She offered kindly. Straightening himself, he closed the fridge door and chewed at the toast anyway. He was starving. Ramming trough the cardboard, she removed a few ingredients that she might need to make him a decent meal. A comforting silence settled between them.

      "You must be pretty bored now that the gravity machine is under maintenance, uhh?" She tried to initiate a conversation. The moment he went to stand next to her, she felt him invading her personal space. Although it was hard to maintain a steady breath, she did her best to look normal. He was scrutinizing every single movements of hers like a predator. She couldn't blame him though. He'd grew up in an atmosphere where he needed to be constantly on his guard.

       "Don't be silly! I'm still undergoing training!" His response was calm yet cold and stony as usual. She mentally hiss at the delectable sound of his raw voice and wondered how he did to not be affected by their close proximity. Perhaps she was the only one who felt like that. He seemed to be pretty calm and unsympathetic as usual, with his harsh expression on.

        "Well, whatever type of training it is! I'm pretty sure it's not as effective as the gravity machine, right?" She proceeded to switch on the stove, and began slicing through some vegetables. "If you're gonna become a super saiyan atleast!"