Chapter Thirteen.

-Gradually and reluctantly, his eyes flicked open to the unlit room. No daylight; irises shifting to the clock ticking in the deadly silence on the desk beside his bed; 04: 00 a.m, he read. Ordinarily, he'd woke up to the dark stillness, the penetrating chilly air and gloomy fragrance of his milieu, but contrasting his insipid routine, a comforting warmth enshrouded him. He goggled down at the sleeping figure, snuggled and wrapped in his embrace.

Reality settled in, slowly calibrating his thoughts, he subconsciously brushed away the hair-strand cloaking her facial charm and heard her moaned in her slumber, cuddling closer.

Unexpectedly, an unsettling feeling welled up in his gut, and his body stiffened in anticipation of his trepidation. It has been only a night, right? Yet, one sinful night together was all it took, and the least bit of connection that contrived between them for the past seventeenth month, was on the blink of annihilation. He knew that the moment she'd opened her eyes, it would result in the termination of their enigmatic complicity; the same they've shared jointly when they'd knowingly decided to lapse into each others game for dominance.

Losing a relationship with an earthling was not what troubled him; being caught in the act of weakness did; even if it meant just the both of them. Instinctively, his senses lashed, pushing and compelling him to abandon her on the mattress that had served as their bed of sin and to escape within the confinement of his comfort zone; his capsule. Conforming with his intuition, he tried to sneak out of bed, but Bulma's embrace toughen about his neck, legs straddling his; captivating him to remain in his position.

      "Mmm...stay...just a little bit longer..." She keened sleepily, pressing a quick kiss on his left cheek and resumed to rest her face on the plate of his chest; that had served as her pillow throughout the whole night.

He relaxed, further burrowing himself into her warmth, lids drooping and leaden with sleep, willing his mind to tumble back to dreams, delving into the depth of their intimacy for a little longer as per her request.

-In the dead of the darkish room, amidst the cold stillness, bled the ghostly light of the morning start. Bulma's eyes slowly fluttered open to the warmth of the pervasive daylight, lazily welcoming the beginning of a new day. Half awake, she tried to adjust herself into a more comfortable position, only to be consumed by an unusual second source of warmth. Brows furrowed in confusion as she assessed her surroundings, and the coziness of the powerful embrace she found herself in, the memories of the previous night flooded into her mind until her dubiety dissolved.

The softness of his skin against hers and drowning into his comforting warmth, her eyes shifted to his serene sleeping face, studying in amazement. Even asleep, his lips were clamp in supremacy and brows contorted into an angry scowl; but when his face didn't swarmed in irritation, he look composed and peaceful...and...and inoffensive. Sleeping, he was as twice as handsome as the habitual. Accustomed to his quotidian wrathful facial expression, his calmness was a magnificent sight to behold.

A wary feeling built up at the bottom of her gut, mind acknowledging that their relationship had changed for either the better or for the worst.

Glancing down at his solid arm secured around her waist, she gently pried herself free and suspiciously stalk out of bed. A low hiss escaped her lips the instant her bare feet collided with the cold marbled floor; Bulma bent down to pick up her bathrobe and while putting it back on, she shot one meaningful last look at the naked body of the saiyan gloriously laying in bed, then stealthily swept out of his bedroom.

         -The whole day; avoiding each other like plague, was what they've been doing. When he'd woke up to find himself alone, he'd understood that she must've left to escape the awkwardness of their confrontation; especially after inappropriately bedding each other. How did he noticed? At breakfast time, she was nowhere in sight and this had ticked in his mind as a red flag.