Chapter Eleven.

-The amelioration of capsule 4 had been successful. Of course, she would only work on it late at night when everyone was dead sleeping so as to avoid any direct confrontation with the devil himself. The reason be that, a few days back when Vegeta had insulted her, she'd realized that she didn't actually wished to be accuse of things she never even thought of. Knowing deep down that Vegeta was a conflicted man, she'd decided to avoid him as best as she could for the rest of the week. He'd made it clear enough that he didn't want her near him and she'd respected his choice. She might have been wrong after all; to believe that there was some sort of connection between them both.

   Tools packed neatly in her toolbox, she picked at her fingertips in an attempt to remove her working gloves before wiping her sweaty forehead with the back of her hand. Bending down, she picked the toolbox up, shot a last scrutiny at her work to ensure herself that everything was perfectly completed and then finally sauntered out of the spaceship when she was fully satisfied. Considering how sweaty, sticky and tired she was, she concluded that after eating the dinner that she'd missed, she would shower, change in neat clothes and sleep for the rest of the day. Closing the heavy metal door to the spaceship, she glanced at her hand-watch and read 2:30 a.m. Outside, it was still dark and the only source of light she had, came from the moon. Thankfully, it was enough to lighten her path as she trotted lazily in the direction of her house, fatigue overwhelming her small body frame.

Once in her kitchen, she opted for the only food that would provide her with enjoyment; instant-ramen. Pouring water in the plastic bowl, she sat patiently at the kitchen table, patiently waiting for three minute to expire. Three minute was what kept her from devouring her favorite dish. Staring at the noodle before her, elbow erect on the table and face resting as support in the palm of her hand, she sighed numbly; as if the reason of her sadness was the ramen when in fact, it had been something else.

"I wonder what I did wrong!" She uttered pensively while the event from the other night replayed constantly in her mind. With each criticism she directed toward her own self, she finally realized that as time went by, the more she felt like she wasn't hungry anymore. In fact, ever since her argument with the saiyan prince, she has been eating less and less. It was like she'd indirectly been sinking into a depression. Picking up the bowl of fully prepared ramen, she slide out of her stool and walked toward the fridge, opening its door and storing the food in there. Instead, she picked up a box of milk, opened its lid, drank from it and then toss the empty container in the bin.

        Swirling around so as to head for the exit, she fidgeted in spot at the sight of the sexy shirtless godlike devil that stood by the doorway, arms folded in superiority, brows furrowed in austerity while he observed her. Stupid her, she'd let her guards down and was so damn lost in her own thought that she didn't even hear him. Stuck between ignoring him and actually engaging a conversation, she chose to ignore him. He'd made it clear that he didn't want her near him. Yet, the more she stared at him, the more her heart ached. He was in nothing but his pair of black tights, shirtless and barefoot. In other circumstances, the only view of it would've been mouthwatering. Right now, it was suffocating. Especially when her heart cried out in agony from all the stuff he'd said to her; from the way he'd threatened her. As she slowly drifted back to reality from her pool of pain, she realized that they'd been making eye-contact the whole time. None of them uttered a word and the tension between them was growing each seconds.

          He was unable to sleep due to his nightmares. They'd grown even more irritating for the past few days, now that the woman was no more invading his privacy. He'd figure out he'd just head downstairs so as to grab himself a dry toast and some milk but to his dismay, she was there, sitting on a stool by the kitchen table, staring at her ramen bowl like it disgusted her. He heard her muttered something. Although her voice was smooth and soft, he heard her perfectly due to his hearing abilities. Brows furrowed, he wondered about the things that was going on in her mind and for some reasons, deep down, he knew she's been thinking of him. The more he stared at her, he noticed the dark circles underneath her swollen eyes, she looked paler than usual and if he couldn't sense ki, he'd said she was probably sick. On the contrary, her ki indicated that she was perfectly fine physically, the issue seemed to be stemming from something else and he knew exactly what. Her swollen eyes was enough to depict the numerous nights she's cried herself to sleep and her paleness was proof that she wasn't eating enough. He watched her fragile body get out of the stool she sat on, store the untouched food in the fridge, drank down a bottle of milk and when she finally noticed him, she blanched, eyes staring at him distantly. After a few more second, he saw the realization in her usually lively beautiful blue irises and noticed as she cringed, grimacing in distaste. Was he such a terrible person? The action was enough to set his heart ablaze and the pain was indescribable. He heard her sighed in defeat, lowering her gaze as she tried to walk pass by him. If it was privacy that he needed then privacy he would received.