Chapter Nine.

-Vegeta's armor replica was finally complete. Figuring the how to gift it to him without the prince actually insulting her sleepless night of hard-work on the fabric, was the real deal. Remembering how he'd tossed the prototype back at her in fury made her shudder. The prince, could be a creepy man when he wished. But then; he's always been a tyrant. Mustering her courage, she heaved a sigh and took the outfit neatly wrapped in a box as she prepare to face a certain saiyan prince's wrath. Not that her work on the masterpiece hasn't been excellent but knowing Vegeta; he was a man full of whims and surprises. In short; he was unpredictable and one could never know what to actually expect from him.

Sauntering with slow elegance past her living room and up the stairs, she wiped her moist hand nervously on the fabric of her red dress coated in vertical pattern, standing like a foolishly shy school girl in front of his bedroom door, tugging the prized box under her left arm. Preceding the past few days, she's been relatively busy with her amelioration on his outfit and spent her countless nights eating dinner alone in her lab. It was done on purpose though; to avoid confronting him, afraid of the emotions she'd witnessed in his eyes, especially after they'd exchanged passionate kisses in her kitchen. Considering that they were going to meet face-to-face after a long time, she'd convinced herself that she had reason to be nervous.

She knocked lightly at his door with her knuckles, not realizing that she'd been holding her breath the whole time until she desperately needed to inhale due to an unconscious self-deprivation. Hearing a grunt from the other side of the door, she concluded that this man was too arrogant to politely invite her in. What did she expect from this ruthless saiyan anyway? It wasn't because they'd kissed, that it forcibly meant he was going to be gentler or considerate toward her. A surge of anger swept through every fiber of her body as her hands reached for the doorknob in an attempt to invite herself in. It had been a terrible mistake on her part since the door yanked open brutally, enough to momentarily lose balance and stumbled forward right into a hard-rock but smooth skin chest. The warmth of his body engulfed her and she had to bite her bottom lips to prevent herself from hissing with pleasure derived from their innocent skin-touching. A familiar deep masculine spicy scent fogged her senses, feeling intoxicated by his torturously delicious smell. She had to will herself to retrieve from him, from his warmth and comforting smell. When she did, she felt drastically drained from her energy, head light and it felt like she was drunk. Drunk from their previous space-invading proximities. His eyes bored in hers as his face warped in distaste at the sight of her. She was confused by the look he gave her.

"What possible reason could you have to disturb me, woman?" He sneered bitterly, his obsidian irises ravaging her features in complete hatred. For some reason, his scorned scrutiny stirred up a foreign ache within her core. An ache that she knew only he could satiate.

"I-I..." she paused trying to construct a comprehensive sentence as her own eyes hungrily absorbed the toned features of his naked body wrapped in a towel at waist level. Mentally driving the image of his gorgeousness away, she stared deep into his eyes and declared dangerously calm; "so much for finishing your armor eh?"

"Well! If you don't want it, I can take it back anyway!" She added after a few second of awkward silence and his orbs rapidly glistened down to where the box was tucked securely under her arm. Scoffing, he inclined to the side right hand still resting on the door, making space for her to walk in. Picking up on the significance of his actions, she strolled into his bedroom skittishly. Another ticklish silence settled between them as he went on to close the door. She gulped on her own saliva in an attempt to hydrate her parched throat. Turning into her direction confidently, his arms entwined over his chest in nonchalance as he gave her his usual death glare.

"Now speak woman! What exactly are your motives?" His tone was somewhat mocking when he'd said 'motives'. Even more confused than before now, she could not understand why the hell he was acting the way he did. What exactly did she do wrong?