Chapter Fourteen.

-A one night's glee turned into nights, a day into days, a month into several more months, and even if he was adamant on claiming it was only a meeting of skin, she felt connected; aware that there was something deeper than mere lust flowing between them. He was in constant denial, but she saw right through his perplexity.

Part of her detested herself for positioning him in a tricky situation and yet, part of her wished he'd overcome his dilemma. She was selfish for expecting; for hoping the impossible, but at this point she was too involved to let go. Perhaps, it was wrong on her behalf to be wishing for his love...maybe she was wrong...but then...maybe she could help and stop him from sinking further. If only...if only he'd opened up and give her the opportunity; she'd teach him how to live...she'd teach him how to love. Yet, she, out of any reasonable person on earth knew that she was foolish for pursuing an ambition with no clear positive outcome. Hell, she'd even break herself just to fix him...for now...she'd grant herself the permission to be selfish and to love him with every single fiber of her body.

      Tonight specifically, she was unable to sleep; unsure about the strange churning in the pit of her stomach; her heart pounded. What was she scared of?

Her eyes shifted to the sleeping man beside her; Vegeta was sweating considerably and breathing noisily, body warmth as twice as the usual. He'd been like this for the past couple of days now. And, he'd asked her not to worry about him, that he could hold his own; still...how she wished he'd let her... Tempted, she was to touch him, to hug him, to caress him and soothed his agony but he just wouldn't! It appeared he was driving another set of nightmares again.

Glancing through the window, she heaved. Perhaps she could... Sliding out of bed tranquilly, she bent down and grasped her black night gown, shrouding her naked body in soft, satiny fabric with thin strap, enhancing her feminine curves. It was cold and her, walking barefoot on the marble, did very little in keeping her warm. Stepping on her balcony, she hugged her petite frame in an attempt to shield herself from the chilly breeze of the late hours.

     "Ah...the stars are beautiful tonight!" She remarked dreamily.

   'Now that I think about it...tonight would've been a full moon!' She reflected; 'but there's no moon anymore...I've gotten used to it.'

Resting her hands as support on the nonskid, absentmindedly, she enjoyed the loneliness of her company. Maybe in an hour or so, she'd go back to bed, right now, she would enjoy the view and inhaling the elixirs of life was all that matters. Suddenly, a soothing warmth engulfed her as powerful, firm arms wrapped around her from behind. She didn't have to turn to know who he was. After all, she'd grown accustomed to his scent and the feel of his body against hers.

     "Oh...you're awake?!" She stared into a pair of obsidian eyes from over her shoulder, his hot breath fanning the skin of her shoulder blade; scorching her. The feeling was complete bliss.

        "You woke me!" The calmness in his voice was pacifying while he trailed soft kisses alongside her neck down to her shoulder blade, nipping and licking; she keened, head rocking to the side to allow him better access. Pressing his erection against her buttocks, he successfully managed to coax strangled moans from her, breath labored.

       "Y-You want to do it here?"

  "Here or there, it's all the same!"

       "It is not!" She responded calmly and his eyes met hers, grazing with foreign emotions. He didn't care, he wanted her. Brushing her gown deliciously up her thighs, his fingers gliding over her skin as lightning sparks shoot through her body, he lowered his boxers slightly with his free hand, pushing himself gently into her. Patience wasn't one of his best virtues.