Crime Sorcière part 1

5 years later

Even though Zeref and I lived in a different kingdom, I still went to Fiore for the memories and to read. It was like I was still expecting Natsu and his team to walk down the streets on their way to or from a job. It had been five years, and there was still no sign of Tenroe Island or Fairy Tail's strongest members. At that point, the only people who were searching were the Allied Forces and myself.

One day, I was strolling through a town in Fiore when I felt something strange. It almost seemed as if someone was following me. While walking and trying not to look suspicious, I used my power to see if I was right and could sense that there was indeed a strong presence behind me.

I walked into an alleyway and teleported to one of the roofs next to the alley. I saw a man in a dark blue hood walk in the alley, then stop. I teleported behind him and cornered him to the wall. "Who are you?!" I asked aggressively.

When I saw who was under that hood, I stopped. "Jellal?" It was then that I stepped back. I waited until he removed his hood before I started talking again. "I heard about your escape. So, to what do I owe this pleasure?"

Two more people walked into the alley wearing the same dark blue hoods Jellal was wearing. They removed their hoods to reveal Ultear and Meredy. I took a closer look at the three of them and my eyes widened. "Wait, y-you're from that guild, aren't you? The independent one, Crime Sorcière, the one that deals with dark guilds?" They simply nodded without saying a word.

I turned to run away when Jellal grabbed my arm. "We're not here to deal with you," he said. I looked into his eyes and saw the sincerity and guilt behind those beautiful dark green eyes and knew he was telling the truth.

I yanked my arm out of his grasp. "Then what do you want?" I asked suspiciously.

This time, Ultear spoke up. "As I'm sure you are aware, our true goal is Zeref. We want your help to take him down".

A laugh escaped my lips. "Why should I help you take down my brother?" I turned to Jellal. "If you have your memories back, then you know who I am. I'm not just going to hand him over to you so you can destroy the only family I have left!"

He had a surprised look on his face, which was quickly replaced by calmness. It was almost as if he didn't expect me to know about his memories. The only reason I knew was because I was the one who took his memories from him. I couldn't have him blabbering to my friends about my true identity, now could I. I returned his memories after they found out.

I took a deep breath to calm down. Ultear stepped closer to me. "At least think about it". She handed me a piece of paper which I reluctantly took. "We'll be staying at this address until tomorrow night if you change your mind".

After that, I walked straight past them, eager to get away from there. As soon as I rounded the corner to go into the street, I bumped into someone. I walked quickly away. I knew that person was watching me, but I didn't care. I just had to get out of there. Had I known the troubles that one meeting would cause, or how much that person would alter my destiny, I would've been more careful.