The Blooming Capital: Crocus

Makarov revealed the wizards participating in the GMG to be Lucy, Natsu, Gray, Erza and Wendy. The five left early to prepare for the games. The day before the games were supposed to start, the rest of the guild made their way to Crocus to support our friends. I went with the five wizards to explore and because I was scheduled to meet with Zeref when I got there.

I settled down at the inn we were staying at, then later that night, I grabbed my black hood, slipped out of the inn and went to the alley where Zeref said he was waiting. I told him about what happened in the past three months and about 'Second Origin' and anything else of importance. While I was there, I met Obra, one of my brother's latest creations, a creature he could use to watch the games without being detected. We agreed to meet up every so often, in private, of course.

Once we had ended our conversation, I made my hood disappear, then slipped out into the market. I had taken all of two steps before I noticed a crowd forming. I started walked towards it when I heard some very familiar voices.

I moved to the middle of the crowd to see Natsu on the ground and standing over him was none other than Sting and Rogue. My eyes widened.

Their eyes turned to me. I was frozen. One I had realised what was going on, I ran to help Natsu up. "Are you ok?" I asked as he stood up. He nodded. I then turned to the other two boneheads. "Seriously, guys?"

"(Y/N), what are you doing with this loser?!" Sting asked, aggressively. I was about to counter his unintended insult when Rogue called his name. I turned to look at him when I noticed him staring. I followed his stare and looked down to see him staring at my (body part), where my new guild mark lay. Sting soon noticed it as well. "You re-joined that piece-of-crap guild?!" I could tell that was not what they were expecting. After all, I had failed to mention that plan in the past.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "That 'piece-of-crap' guild is like my second family. You got a problem with that?" I retorted, getting more and more frustrated by the second.

Suddenly, Rogue cut in. "Let's go, this is getting boring".

As they turned to walk away, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I then turned to Natsu and Happy. "I'm going with them to make say they don't get in any more trouble. I'll be back at the inn a few minutes before midnight to wish you guys good luck," I said with a wink. I then ran away to catch up to the duo yelling, "Hey guys, wait up!"

I stayed with them at Crocus Gardens, where they were staying, for the next few hours. Before I knew it, it was ten minutes until midnight, the designated time. I bid my farewells, wished Sabertooth luck, then teleported to the Honey-bone inn, where Fairy Tail was staying. Everyone was there except for Wendy.

We were waiting anxiously for Wendy, but as soon as midnight struck, the GMG mascot, Mato started speaking. "Attention all contestants participating in this year's Grand Magic Games. To narrow down the whole 113 guilds to a meagre eight, let's begin the preliminary rounds". Everyone was surprised because there had never once been a preliminary round during the Grand Magic Games before. "The rules for this preliminary round are simple". Suddenly, everything started shaking and in the sky, the inn lifted from the ground and what looked to be a weird-looking sphere appeared in the sky and a bunch of paths leading up to it. "You will all be participating in a race. The finish line is at Domus Flau Colosseum. Only the first eight teams to cross the finish line will move on to the Grand Magic Games. You're free to use Magic in any way you see fit, there are no restrictions. All five team members must cross the goal for it to count. Let the Grand Magic Games Preliminary Round Sky Labyrinth begin!"

Since Wendy and Carla still weren't back yet, Elfman volunteered to fill in for her. Erza asked Lisanna, Happy and I to go look for them while they competed in the prelims. We got the help of some of our friends and agreed to stay in touch using mine or Warren's telepathy when we found them.

We looked everywhere we could think of. When we were running out of ideas, Happy remembered Carla mentioning something about exploring the palace, Mercurius. We arrived at a garden maze in the middle of the royal gardens. We decided to split up, so Lisanna and Happy went off together and went off on my own. For some reason, I couldn't sense them.

While I was searching, I felt someone watching me. I looked up at the lampshade next to me to see none other than Obra. I don't know why I was surprised. "Zeref, what did you do?" I muttered, quietly. That explained why I couldn't sense them, Obra must have drained their magic.
Just then, Obra jumped down and landed on my shoulder. "Where are they?" I asked him.

He jumped down onto the floor and started running off. I took that as a sign to follow him, so that's what I did. We kept running until we came to a clearing. I peeked into the clearing to see Happy and Lisanna kneeling over an unconscious Wendy and Carla. I hid behind a hedge so they wouldn't see me and Obra together. I knelt down to make it easier to talk to him and whispered, "Thank you". With that, he ran off.

I ran up to them and we brought Wendy and Carla to Porlyusica, who was working at the GMG. She said they had Magic Deficiency Syndrome and Wendy would be unable to participate for a few days.

Once the prelims were over, no one would tell us who made it through, meaning, we had to wait until the next day to find out.