Grand Magic Games - Day two

Day 2 of the Grand Magic Games started off with a game called Chariots. The contestants had to race on a bunch of moving carts without falling off. The first person to cross the finish line won. The contestants competing were: Bacchus, Black Snake, Risley, Yuka, Ichiya, Gajeel, Sting and Natsu. I felt extremely sorry for Natsu and Sting because of their motion-sickness. Apparently, Gajeel was also having difficulty standing. Bacchus won, while Natsu came 6th, Gajeel came 7th, and Sting lost. 'Jiemma is not going to like that,' I thought, slightly glancing over at their master.

The first battle was between Black Snake and Toby. I went to the Sabertooth stand to check on Sting and hang out with my friends. The two made a wager. If Toby won, Black Snake was to tell him his real name, but if Black Snake won, Toby was to tell him a secret. Black Snake won. Toby mentioned something about losing a sock. I face-palmed. Black Snake pointed to his chest to show Toby that his sock was hanging around his neck like a necklace. Instead of leaving it at that, Black Snake grabbed Toby's sock and ripped it in half. Toby was crying his eyes out, while the rest of Raven Tail were laughing their heads off. I was furious. I clenched my fists. Suddenly, I felt something warm on my hand. I looked down to find that Rogue had intertwined our fingers to try and calm me down. Immediately, I felt calmer. I felt my cheeks get slightly warmer, but luckily, no one saw. After that battle, I went back to the Fairy Tail stands.

The next battle was with Bacchus and Elfman. 'He's doomed,' I thought. Bacchus' power was legendary. He was an S-class wizard at Quatro Cerberus. He had a very unique fighting style. The Chop Hanging Palm, which he modified to make it the Drunk-Chop Hanging Palm. Elfman had no chance. Those two also struck a wager. If Bacchus won, he got to spend the night with both Mira and Lisanna. If Elfman won, Bacchus' guild would have to spend the rest of the Games going by 'Quatro Puppy'. Even though it seemed like Elfman was going to lose, he somehow still won.

The next fight was probably the most fun one of all. It was between Mirajane and Jenny from Blue Pegasus. The two were models, which made things interesting. Instead of a regular fight like the others, they had a pose-off. It wasn't long before all the other girls started joining in. Mavis somehow convinced me to join in as well. The first costumes were swimwear. I wore my favourite pink bikini. There were a few more costumes until it finally came to 'weddings'. I practically wore my dream wedding dress. I looked around to find everyone pairing up. It made me feel a little sad until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to find a very handsome Rogue wearing a tux, holding his hand out to me. I hesitantly took it, but as soon as I touched him, I felt my heart skip a beat. After that, the fun ended and we all went back to our designated stands, except for Mira and Jenny. Those two transformed into their battle forms. They agreed that the loser had to pose for Sorcerer Weekly magazine wearing nothing but their birthday suit. Mira tricked Jenny and attacked, declaring her the winner.

The final battle of the day was between Yukino and Kagura. Of course, I went to Sabertooth to support Yukino. The two made the stupidest bet ever, they bet their lives. It was actually Yukino's idea. I was very worried. Things were not going well for her. No matter which spirits she summoned, Kagura just defeated them. Eventually, she was forced to open the legendary 13th gate, Ophiuchus. Even that was cut down, and all the while, Kagura never unsheathed her sword. That made Kagura the winner. I felt so bad for Yukino, having to face Jiemma's wrath.

That night, I promised to be at the Sabertooth meeting to be there for Yukino. Everyone was standing like foot soldiers. The five were in the front. I stood in between Rogue and Yukino. Jiemma was ruthless. He made Yukino remove her clothes and her own guild mark and kicked her out! Some had the decency to look away whilst others stared at her weak, fragile body, and some even had the nerve to smirk at her! I was about to step in and defend her until Rogue grabbed my wrist as if he knew what I was thinking. With that one action, I saw his point and backed down.

After the meeting, I was walking through the hallway with Rogue, Sting, Frosch and Lector. "She screwed up so she's out," Sting said to Rogue, who was also clearly feeling really bad about the whole ordeal. "She would've just held us back".

At that point, I was starting to reach my limit with that stupid guild. Clenching my fists, I strode up to Sting, and before anyone had the chance to stop me, I slapped him across the face. "How dare you say that about someone in your guild! She was our friend!" I walked straight past him without saying another word and decided to wait for Rogue in his room.

It wasn't long before him and Frosch showed up as well. After that, the three of us spent the next couple of hours talking. Our moment of joy was short-lived when an explosion rumbled throughout the inn. Immediately, Rogue grabbed his cape and raced to Sting's room. Along the way, we heard that there was an intruder. We told Sting and Lector what was going on and the five of us raced over to the common room.

There, we saw everyone else gathered and someone successfully breaking through a barricade of Sabertooth wizards. When the dust cleared, we were very shocked to find out who it was. "Natsu?"

He demanded to speak to Jiemma, but Jiemma sent out Dobengal instead. Natsu defeated him with one punch. Our eyes were wide. He was about to go after Jiemma when Minerva showed up with a tied-up Happy. She threatened them. That's when I lost it. I stepped forward. Rogue tried to hold me back, but I yanked myself out of his grasp.

I stepped in front of Natsu to defend him. "How dare you! It's one thing in the arena, but to threaten the lives of my friends? My family?! That's crossing a line! Anyone that messes with my family has to deal with me and trust me, that's one thing you do not want to do!" I made my pupils go red for just a second so they could see how serious I was.

Natsu put his hand on my shoulder to try and calm me down. As soon as he said my name, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened them again and stared at Minerva with a fierce determination. "You got lucky, this time. But make no mistake, if you even think about harming my family again, I promise you this, I will not hesitate to kill each and every one of you". I scanned my eyes at the gathered wizards until my eyes finally landed on my so-called friends. I took one look at them, before grabbing Happy from Minerva, giving him to Natsu, and storming out the door.

Back in my room, I was thinking about what had just transpired in Crocus Gardens and decided to do something I might regret. I grabbed a pen and paper and wrote:

'Dear Rogue,

I'm sure after what just happened, you must have questions. If you want answers, meet me at the Sabertooth stands at Domus Flau ASAP. Oh, and, bring Sting, Frosch and Lector as well.

-(Y/N)'

I folded the paper up and used my magic to send it off. I grabbed my cloak and teleported to the designated meeting area. I was leaning on the balcony, staring at the moon when I felt four magical presences behind me. "You came," I said quietly. I was very relieved that they decided to hear me out. I then turned around to see Rogue, Sting, Frosch and Lector staring straight at me. Frosch looked quite scared, and it broke my heart to see him like that.

It was Sting who spoke first. "Well, we came. Now, are you gonna tell us what the hell happened back there? And what happened with your eyes?"

I took a deep breath. "You might want to sit down for this, this is going to take a while". Then I told them everything I had told Fairy Tail a few months prior. When I was finished, everyone was speechless. "I understand if you don't want anything to do with me anymore".

"That's not it, we're just very surprised that you're the Mythical Princess of Darkness and your brother is the Legendary Black Wizard Zeref". For the first time since they arrived, I willed myself to look into their eyes. Their shocked faces were soon replaced by warm looks. "We don't care about any of that. We like you for who you are. A couple of fairy tales isn't gonna change that".

Just then, Frosch came down and gave me a great big hug. "I think so too". That made all of us laugh. I was glad that my history didn't change this awesome friendship between the five of us.