Alegria

While we were running, we started hearing Warrens telepathy. He told us that he found Mira and Lisanna. At Lucy's request, he made the telepathy an open line so everyone could talk. She updated everyone about Wendy and Carla destroying Face. Everyone was so relieved. After Lucy had finished, Happy told Makarov about what Hades had said. He was very shocked but quickly prepared to make his way to the Lumen Histoire.

Unexpectedly, Warren's telepathy was hijacked by an external force. "Please pardon the interruption. I wish to speak with the wizard guild Fairy Tail," the man said.

I recognized that voice immediately. "Mard Geer?" I have to say, I did not see that coming.

"So glad you remember me, Princess, with you betraying us," he pointed out.

"I don't like to think of it as betraying, more like following my heart," I pointed out as I thought of Rogue. I have to admit, if it weren't for him, I probably would've chosen Zeref.

"(Y/N), that's enough," Lucy said, breaking up our less than civil conversation.

"What do you want, Mard Geer?" I asked, growing impatient.

"Who are you?" Elfman asked Mard Geer.

"He's more commonly known as the Underworld King," I replied for him, looking straight at Natsu and Lucy but making sure everyone could hear. "And he's the true mastermind behind all this". Their eyes widened.

"Knowing who I am won't save you," Mard Geer continued. "For none of you shall live to see tomorrow".

Just then, these red things grew out of the ground and started trapping Natsu and Lucy in it. "Alegria," I realized. A fail-safe that will trap any human on the cube, but demons were unaffected.

I was starting to prepare my black magic to try and fend off Alegria when suddenly, everything went black. I opened my eyes to see myself in a forest with very familiar arms wrapped around me.

"What the hell Zeref," I pushed myself out of his grasp.

"I was just trying to protect you from Alegria," he explained.

"I could've handled it myself," I defended. I crossed my arms. I felt like a child too proud to admit when she needed help.

"We both know that is not true. Alegria was designed to be resistant to any type of magic".

"Magic, not curses," I pointed out.

He gave me a look that told me he was right.

"Fine," I backed down. "I need to get back up there," I said as I turned to look at the cube flying high above us.

I started to turn around, but he grabbed my arm. "That is not a good idea".

"He has the book of E.N.D. I have to get it back," I explained, staring him dead in the eyes. I could tell he was worried about me, but I wasn't going to give up on this, on him. Realizing how important this was to me, he sighed and let go.

"Thank you," I said to him as I teleported away to the middle of the cube.

When I got there, I was horrified. Every single one of my friends had been trapped within Alegria. I started to walk around to see if anyone had survived.

Eventually, I reached the top to see Mard Geer having a not-so-pleasant chat with the Celestial Spirit King. I watched in silence as the king turned Mard Geer to stone. Shortly after, Alegria started to crack. I stepped out of my hiding place. "Thank you," I said to him.

"I did not do it for you, but for my old friend," he replied.

I knew he was talking about Lucy. "I know, but still..." I gave him a small smile as I watched him disappear into thin air. Giving the place where he had been one last look, I turned around to go look for my friends, my cape fluttering in the wind.