Where Prayers Go

Draped in my cloak, I walked down the halls of Tartaros towards one of Kyôka's torture chambers. When I got there, I knocked on the door and said, "Kyôka, it's me. I'm coming in". Once I made my presence known, I opened the door to find Kyôka torturing none other than Erza Scarlet.

When I saw them together, my eyes widened for just a second before I narrowed them. "Well, this is a surprise," I said, mustering up as much fake amusement as I could. "How on Earth did you manage to capture 'The Great Erza Scarlet' herself?"

"I captured her and her friend by using the Former Chairman of the Magic Council," she replied. I wasn't even surprised. After a moment of silence, she spoke up again. "Why are you here, Princess?"

"Right". Suddenly, I remembered my main objective. "A word. In private, if you don't mind". Without another word, she walked out the door. I gave Erza a look of remorse before I followed Kyôka out.

I closed the door behind me, then turned around to face her. "Care to tell me why the Demon Gates are going around killing people?" The Nine Demon Gates were the leaders of Tartaros.

"We plan to unlock Face," she explained.

'So Face does exist,' I realised. "Why would you want a device that destroys magic?" I asked her, curious.

"So that we can break the seal on E.N.D".

My eyes widened. 'Natsu... I can't let that happen'.

She continued explaining. "We've already killed two of the three seals that lock Face".

"And who is this third seal?"

"Jellal Fernandez". My eyes widened again. "Do you know where he is? We're already aware that you used to be a member of his guild".

"I haven't heard from him since the end of the Grand Magic Games". Not a lie, but just because I hadn't had any communication with either of them doesn't mean I didn't keep tabs on his whereabouts, not that Kyôka was ever going to find out. "Are you in charge of this operation?" I asked her.

"No," she replied. "These orders came from Mard Geer".

'I need to have a talk with the leader of the Nine Demon Gates,' I thought. 'At least I know where I'm going after this'.

Now that I had all the information I needed regarding Face, there was one more thing I needed to know. "What of this friend of Erza's?"

"She's in the regeneration chamber". I didn't answer, waiting for her to continue. "Lamy is currently in the process of transforming her into a demon. We also managed to capture two more wizards from the Fairy Tail guild".

Now that I had everything I needed, I dismissed her and then turned and walked away. 'Mard Geer can wait. There's something I need to see first,' I thought as I walked down the halls to the regeneration chamber.

When I got there, my attention was immediately drawn to Jackal and Tempester, who were apparently in the process of regenerating after blowing themselves up. "Princess, what are you doing here?" Lamy asked upon seeing me with that annoying voice of hers.

Ignoring her, I walked into the chamber. Once I had reached the regeneration pods, I turned to my left to see Mirajane hooked to one of the pods. I put my hand to it and breathed out a sigh of relief. 'Thank goodness, it's just Mira,' I thought while staring at her flawless face. 'With her magic, she'll be out in no time. Looks like she doesn't need my help after all'.

Once I was done, I walked out and made my way to the dungeons, not even noticing who was in the pod opposite Mirajane's. When I got to the dungeons, my eyes widened upon seeing who was in the cell, lying unconscious. "Natsu, Lisanna..." I whispered to myself. "I need to get them out of here".

Just as I was preparing to destroy the cell bars, I heard footsteps and a voice. I let go of the bars and slipped into the shadows in time to see Franmalth walking in to check on Natsu and Lisanna. "It's too risky to try and free them now, I'll just have to come back later". After that, I disappeared completely and made my way to my final destination, Mard Geers room.

When I got there, I opened the door without knocking this time. I walked in to see him lounging on his throne clutching the book of E.N.D. "Mard Geer," I started. "What's this I hear about Tartaros trying to unleash Face?"

"Well, Princess," he started. "It's all to bring back the guild's master, E.N.D, so we can reunite with our creators, you and Lord Zeref".

I chuckled and placed a hand on my hip. "How very elaborate". He was about to agree with my statement, but I cut him off. "Shut it down".

He looked taken aback as he just stared, wide-eyed at my unflinching stare. "I beg your pardon?" he asked, surprised.

"You heard me. Shut this project down, that's an order".

"Princess..." Before he could finish, there was an earthquake.

"We'll continue this later," I said to him before teleporting to the top of the Library to try and find the cause of this earthquake.

When I got there, I closed my eyes and stretched my magic out to try and find out why the cube was shaking. After a moment, my eyes flew open in shock. "No, it can't be... Face has truly been unsealed! Then does that mean Jellal's?" I could feel the tears starting to form in my eyes from the shock. I closed my eyes again to try and see if my magic could reach him. After another moment, I could sense him. His magic was depleted and he was injured, but safe altogether. I breathed a sigh of relief before I realised that my magic was still surrounding him. Slowly, I pulled my magic back, but not before he sensed me. I could tell he did.

As I was preparing to go back inside, I saw Happy, Carla and Lily flying towards me holding a bunch of cards. Right after they landed, Cana came out of one of the cards. She then used her magic and the entire guild came out of the rest of the cards. I was so shocked, I was motionless. After a few moments, everyone noticed me and their eyes turned to me.

I could tell by the looks on their faces that they thought I had chosen Zeref. Ignoring it, I showed my loyalty to the guild by telling them exactly what was going on with Erza, Natsu, Lisanna and Mira and where to find them. I also told them how to cure Laxus, Freed, Evergreen and Bickslow and where to find this 'cure,' then I teleported away before anyone had the chance to say anything.