Grand Magic Games - Day One

The next day, we all gathered at Domus Flau for the GMG. While we were watching, Mavis showed up and was sitting on the edge. She mentioned that only people with the Fairy Tail guild mark could see her, and that seemed to calm everyone down, except me. I was so shocked, and I could feel my eyes getting watery. I put my hands over my mouth in surprise. "Mavis?" I asked, speechless. I noticed that everyone that was there was staring at us confused, but I didn't care.

When she noticed me, she half-turned to look at me and smiled. "(Y/N), it's good to see you again," she said with that smile of hers that always lit up the room. I couldn't help but smile.

We found out the wizards competing in the games to be: In eighth place, Natsu, Lucy, Erza, Gray and Elfman from Fairy Tail (of course); seventh place, Rocker, Warcry, Yeager, Noberly and Semmes from Quatro Cerberus; sixth place, Kagura, Araña, Beth, Risley and a girl in a hood from Mermaid Heel; fifth place, Ichiya, Ren, Hibiki, Eve and someone in a bunny suit from Blue Pegasus; fourth place, Jura, Lyon, Toby, Shelia and Yuka from Lamia Scale; third place, Obra – his puppet, Flare, Black Snake, Nalpudding and Alexei from Raven Tail (Makarov's son's guild).

Mavis and I looked at each other. They were taunting us for what happened to Wendy. Everyone in the guild, including myself, were very angry at Raven Tail. Obra looked up at me, and I gave him a 'shut the hell up' look, so he disappeared inside his puppet again.

After that, the hosts continued announcing the competitors. In second place was Mira, Gajeel, Juvia, Laxus and Mystogan from Fairy Tail Team B. Makarov and I were the only ones not surprised. Jellal talked to me, Ultear and Meredy about posing as Mystogan to get closer to try and find the source of that dark energy and got Makarov's approval.

In first place, of course, was Sting, Rogue, Rufus, Yukino and Olga from Sabertooth. Rogue noticed Mystogan then looked up. We locked eyes for a moment, while I was subconsciously playing with Mystogan's ring, which was now a necklace. I tucked the necklace under my shirt to tell Rogue that there nothing between me and Mystogan before we both looked away. I had told Rogue and Sting about my relationship with Mystogan before and everything that happened.

After that, the game organisers unveiled the schedule for the next five days. Apparently every day, there was going to be a contest where each team was to pick one member to compete against the other teams, followed by a bunch of battles. If you won, you got ten points. If you lost, you got zero points. If there was a draw, both teams got five points.

The first contest was called 'Hidden'. The competitors were Yeager, Beth, Nalpudding, Eve, Rufus, Lyon, Gray and Juvia.

'Of course, Rufus is going in,' I thought, smiling in amusement. 'He'd be a shoo-in'. I noticed that behind his mask, he smiled and winked at me as if to say that he was definitely going to win that contest. I rolled my eyes.

After the other competitors left the arena, a projection of a town filled the arena. The rules for 'Hidden' were as follows: each competitor was to try to attack each other. There were holograms of all the competitors. If you attacked a hologram or got attacked, you would lose a point and get a 10-second time-out. If you attacked a real person, you would gain a point. The team with the most points by the end of the game won.

It seemed that Nalpudding was specifically targeting Fairy Tail, but whenever Gray tried to retaliate, he ended up accidentally attacking a hologram every time. Apparently, Makarov promised team B that if they beat team A, they could do whatever they wanted to them, and it worked both ways. Suddenly, Eve used his snow magic to determine which one was real using the cold air. It didn't really work on Gray and Lyon since they spent their lives training in the cold. It was a smart strategy, he got three whole points from it.