Twin Dragons of Sabertooth part 1

That night at dinner, I told Zeref about my encounter with Crime Sorcière. His reaction was very unexpected. "I think you should go for it". I was speechless, so he explained himself. "You made a promise, remember? This way, it will be easier to fulfil it".

It wasn't until I got to my room after dinner that I had noticed. The ring Mystogan gave me was no longer on my finger. I tore my room apart looking for my ring, but I couldn't find it. Eventually, I fell asleep.

When I woke up the next day, I knew what I had to do. 'At least one of my dilemmas has been solved,' I thought. 'But what am I going to do about my ring?'

Later that day, I headed out to the town to get some reading done before meeting up with Crime Sorcière before they left that night. I had only gone through about a chapter before a shadow loomed over me.

I looked up to find a very attractive man with rather messy black hair, which almost reached down to his shoulders, and red eyes. He was wearing a long, black cape reaching down to his feet, with golden edges, a much lighter collar circling his neck, and a prominent, white ribbon hanging down on his chest. I was kind of frustrated that this man was ruining my limited reading time. "Can I help you?" I asked, eager to get back to my very interesting book.

He then opened up his hand to reveal a glistening diamond ring sitting on his palm. "I think you dropped this yesterday".

My eyes widened. In his palm was none other that Mystogan's ring. "I-I must have dropped this yesterday when I bumped into you. Thank you so much!" I replied as I took the ring back and put it on my finger.

As I looked up at him, I noticed the symbol on his right arm. "You're from the Sabertooth guild, aren't you?" He nodded. I tried to leave, but he grabbed my wrist. I looked at him, then at his hand, giving him the hint to let go. When he noticed, he let go, but I didn't move, waiting for him to say what was on his mind.

"Is there something wrong with that?" he asked, the frustration clearly building up inside of him.

I rolled my eyes and tried to reply as nonchalantly as I could. "Not really. I just don't like how you people have been treating MY guild".

I watched as his eyes trailed down to my bare stomach where he noticed the Fairy Tail guild mark I still had, even after all these years. I watched as his eyes widened. "You're in Fairy Tail".

"Was!" I corrected him. I noticed the confused look on his face, so I explained as best I could without telling him everything or arousing suspicion. "Things happened, and basically, I'm not a member anymore". I realised just after I said that just how suspicious that was.

There was something intriguing about that man that made me not want to stop talking to him. "How about I buy you lunch to say thank you for returning my ring? Your friends can come too," I said, turning around to look at the man and two exceeds who were clearly waiting for him. I waved them over. While waiting for them, I introduced myself. "I'm (Y/N)".

By that time, his three friends were already with us. "I'm Rogue, and this is Sting," he pointed to the man next to him, "and this is Lector," he pointed to a brown exceed, "and this is Frosch," he pointed to a green exceed wearing a frog costume.

"I know who you are," I said, pointing to Sting and Rogue. I think they looked kind of creeped out. "The Twin Dragons of Sabertooth are very famous. I've seen your work at the Grand Magic Games for the past five years". I also recognised them as Weisslogia and Skiadrum's Dragon Slayers, and two of the five dragon slayers that walked through the Eclipse Gate.

After that, I took them to a nearby café. They told me about themselves, and I told them about myself, apart from my 'Princess of Darkness' life. I told them about my magic, leaving out the part about my black magic. We had so much fun, getting to know each other.

Before I knew it, the sun was setting. "Shoot, I have to go. I'm supposed to be meeting up with some people," I exclaimed before running out of the café. Before I left, we agreed to stay in touch via Communication Lacrima. It was nice to have friends again, especially since they reminded me of Natsu and the others.