The Time of Life

Right after the end of the games, I teleported away and landed right in front of Jellal, Ultear and Meredy. "Did you have fun with your boyfriend?" Ultear asked with a smirk on her face.

"I'm sorry," I replied looking down. I knew right then and there that they had been watching me. Because they didn't trust me or for entertainment, I didn't know.

"You still did your job so it's fine," Jellal said. "Did you find anything?"

Disappointed, I shook my head. They then caught me up on everything they had learned that day. It appeared a second person had crossed through the Eclipse Gate. What we didn't know was who. We then took off running toward the castle, where Natsu and the others were supposed to be.

While we were running, we were trying to figure out where Natsu would be. "I can find them," I said. No one responded, and I could tell they were waiting for me to explain. "I have this... gift. I'm able to find people with magic energy, but it only works within a certain distance".

"Do it," Jellal ordered. "I'm going to go talk to Lahar and Dorenbolt about seeing if they could release a certain prisoner and help in the battle against the dragons". Future Lucy had told us that a swarm of 10, 000 dragons were going to attack at the end of the games.

As Jellal ran off, I stopped and closed my eyes. After a while, I opened my eyes and pointed to a window at the palace. "He's right there". We took off running again, toward that hallway.

When we got to that hallway, Future Lucy was dead and Natsu was being pulled into the ground by a shadow. Meredy and Ultear ran to help Natsu while I knelt to the ground and absorbed some of the shadows. I stopped because I recognised the shadow all too well. I realised who the shadow belonged to and my eyes widened. The shadow disappeared and formed in the shape of a man that I recognised well. "Rogue". He smirked at me before disappearing completely.

"(Y/N), go and help the wizards," Meredy ordered me. With a nod, I disappeared.

I landed in front of Lucy, Wendy, Arcadios and Princess Hisui, who were standing in front of the Eclipse gate getting ready to open it. "Lucy, what's going on?" I whispered to her.

"They're going to use the gate to fire on the dragons," she replied.

"WHAT????" I realised that I may have said that a bit too loud and everyone was now staring at me.

I ran to the princess. "Princess, I don't believe we've met. I'm (Y/N), and I'm a wizard from Fairy Tail. What you're planning, it's not going to work. The Eclipse Gate, it's not a weapon, it's a time machine".

The princess looked at me coolly and replied, "I heard it from a very reliable source that this was how the Eclipse Gate was to be used, someone who came from the future".

"Well here's an even more reliable source! I came from the past and let me tell you, the Eclipse Gate was built for one reason and one reason only, to travel through time. It's not a weapon".

"Even if I believed you, it's too late". She gestured to the Gate and I turned to see it opening and dragons started walking out.

Unfortunately, they were all dragons I recognised. Right after, Future Rogue came out of the shadows. "I should've known you'd be the one to try and close the gate, (Y/N)".

"What, are you going to kill me too?" I replied in my usual sarcastic tone.

He stepped closer to me until he right in front of me. He brushed his hand against my cheek as he said so quietly only I could hear, "Now, why would I ever do anything to hurt you?" I pushed his hand away. "I'll wait for Natsu to do that instead".

My eyes widened. 'He knows'. He laughed and hopped onto a dragon and flew away. Luckily by that time, Lucy and Yukino had already closed the gate and only 7 dragons walked through that gate.

After that, I teleported to the part of the town where Sabertooth was. Seconds later, a dragon stepped in front of us and we lunged. It seemed not even my black magic was any match, not that I was surprised. I had a feeling it wouldn't work.

While fighting the dragon, I stopped. I could sense something. The very prisoner Jellal was trying to get to help us, Cobra. That's when we heard Natsu's voice. "There are seven dragons, and we've got seven dragon slayers, we can do this!"

After that, these egg-like things fell from the sky. Once they hit the ground, they hatched to reveal baby dragons. We then decided to let the dragon slayers fight the dragons while we fought the babies, then we all separated. I decided to stay with Rogue while Sting ran off to find his own dragon. "You fight the dragon while I keep the babies distracted," I said to him before running off to fight the babies. My black magic actually was effective this time as I could simply touch them and they'd disintegrate.

I still stayed close by so I could monitor the situation with Rogue and the dragon he was fighting. Before I knew it, the dragon started telling Rogue the truth. "I was specifically instructed to spare your life". Even the shadow was talking.

'This isn't good,' I thought as I watched the scene in front of me. I ran to Rogue yelling, "Rogue don't listen to them, they're just trying to provoke you!" That's when I realised, I had come face-to-face with the dragon.

"(Y/N)," he said to me.

"Hello," I replied. I was about to say more when Sting came running through the courtyard with his dragon at his tail.

Surrounded by enemies, we stood with our backs to one another. With a simple nod, we split up again and ran off to fight our designated enemies. Sometimes, I forgot how good of a team we were. I loved these guys and at that moment, I dreaded the upcoming battle.

The ensuing conflict was slow and painful, we fought and watched as our friends fell one by one -

Suddenly it felt as if I had already lived that moment like time had been reversed. 'Ultear? No, it couldn't be...' I looked at the clock tower then over at Rogue. We locked eyes and I could tell he was feeling the same amount of de ja vu I was. I shook off my uneasy feeling and focused on the dragons surrounding me.

A while later, I looked up and saw one of the dragons in the sky come falling to the ground, being pushed by fire. I looked back at Sting and Rogue before I ran off to the direction of the dragon. By the time I got there, the Eclipse Gate was completely destroyed. I climbed to the top of the wreckage and saw Future Rogue lying on top of an unconscious dragon and Natsu standing on top of him.

I watched the two as Future Rogue spoke to Natsu. "One year from now, you must warn the Rogue from your time to protect Frosch, from Gray Fullbuster". My eyes widened. Seconds later, he disappeared. I was gone before anyone could notice I was there. I spent the next 24 hours pondering what I'd heard. I decided not to tell anyone, just to be safe.