The Grand Ball Games

A few nights later, the king threw a party to honour Fairy Tail's victory in the Grand Magic Games. I went as Rogue's date.

After a while, I noticed that Mermaid Heel had arrived. Mustering up my courage, I walked over to the leader of that group. "My name is (Y/N), I'm a member of Fairy Tail. On behalf of my brother, I would like to formally apologise for the part that we played in Simon's death," I said to her. I could tell that everyone was watching, but I didn't care.

"Who are you?" Kagura asked me.

I held my chin high as I answered with the absolute truth. "I'm the Princess of Darkness, and one of the architects of the Tower. Believe me, none of that was meant to happen, and I'm sorry". I bowed my head once I finished. Before I knew it, she had her arms wrapped around me. I hesitated before returning the hug. I could tell she definitely forgave me. After that, I returned to Rogue. All in all, the party was very fun. I hadn't had that much fun in a very long time.

The next day, everyone packed up to go back to their guilds, but I promised Jellal I'd help them search for Ultear, who still hadn't been found, as my final task as a member of Crime Sorcière.

While we were searching, we ran into Dorenbolt, who had some very interesting news to share with us. He told us that he erased the council members' memories of that night and told the royal family not to speak a word of it to anyone. He also told us that Cobra surrendered himself back to the council and had said something interesting right before walking into that cage, "The gate to the Netherworld is opening".

I gasped loudly enough for everyone to look my way. "Do you know anything about this?" Jellal asked me.

I was so shocked, I was barely able to form any words, but I was still able to lift my head and reply. "'The Gate to the Netherworld'... That's Tartaros! But what would my brother's guild want?"

After that, I returned my blue hood and said goodbye to them. I made my way to the forest where Zeref was. Once I found him thanks to my gift, I sat down in front of him and told him everything I had seen or heard in Crocus.

It wasn't long before I saw Mavis floating behind him. "I thought I felt your presence at the Grand Magic Games, Zeref. Did you watch?" She said with deadly seriousness.

Zeref, on the other hand, tilted his head and smirked as he said, "I neither hear you speak nor see your face, my dear Mavis, yet I know that you are out there, looking down at me with those big, disdainful eyes". They were talking to each other, yet all I could do was stare up at her, unable to say a single word.

"It's been seven years since we were this close to each other," Mavis pointed out.

Zeref just repeated her words.

"Why do you persist here? Looking for a place to die?" She asked.

"The place of my death has been chosen," he replied.

"There was always those that fight for something better". Her words made me think of Fairy Tail.

"Come now, those idealists are the worst of them, lying to themselves and to each other, with every breath they take," he pointed out while he turned around to face her.

"And you won't wait any longer?"

"Yes, that's correct. For seven years, I've been making up my mind, and I've come to the decision that since the world's rejected me, I have no choice but to reject the world". It was then that he finally stood up to face her completely.

"Fairy Tail accepts this world for all its flaws".

"This shall be my gift to no one, Mavis. A brand-new world purified and sweet".

"I assume that there will be fighting involved".

"Not quite, more like a one-sided annihilation. Not a man, woman, or child shall be spared".

"I swear that Fairy Tail will stop you. They will wipe your stain from this place. And (Y/N)," she turned to me as I too stood up, "You know you will have to choose a side".

Lowering my eyes to look at the ground, I nodded my head. "Yes, I am well aware of that".

After that, I finally returned to the guildhall to find it like it had been done seven years ago, but so much better. What Mavis said to me stayed with me. I knew that day was fast approaching, but I couldn't bear to think about it.