Devil Reincarnation

I went back to the cell to find both Natsu and Lisanna awake. Worried, I rushed over to the cell and put my hands on the bars. "Hold on guys, I'm going to get you out of here," I whispered to them, trying not to get caught.

With a deep breath, I closed my eyes and tried to use my black magic to incinerate the bars. When I opened them again, the bars were little more than dust. Without a single word, I stepped over the dust to my friends, who were still handcuffed with magic-cancelling cuffs. I hesitantly reached my hand towards them to try and incinerate the cuffs as well. It surprised me when they didn't even flinch, but instead moved their backs towards me to make it easier for me. It also made me really happy because it showed how much they actually trusted me, and how little they feared me.

I wrapped my hand around the chains on Natsu's cuffs and watched as they too turned to dust. I then moved on to Lisanna. When I was done, I turned around to see Natsu pick up a flame sword that was lying on the ground. "Thanks," he said to me as he turned around to face me. "Where's Mira?"

Breathing heavily, I replied, "Regeneration chamber". Without another word, they ran off, leaving me standing there watching them leave. "Do they even know where they're going?" I asked myself with a smile on my face. I shook my head. "19 years and a time machine, and he hasn't changed a bit".

After a moment of admiring my big brother, I teleported away to go help Erza. To my relief, Kyôka was nowhere to be seen. Keeping one eye on the giant octopus above Erza, I quietly walked up to her to try and destroy the cuffs binding her. When she was free, she fell into my arms. "Are you ok?" I asked her, worried.

"Where is she?" She asked, the anger seething off of her.

I knew who she meant. I shook my head. "I don't know".

After making sure she was ok, I said to her, "I have to go". She gave me a nod to tell me that she understood. I knew she wanted to stay behind to seek revenge on the very demon that captured her anyways. With a final nod, I teleported away.

I thought I was done after I rescued my friends, but apparently, I was wrong. I still had somewhere else I needed to be, for a moment ago, I started sensing Zerefs presence on this very cube.

I teleported to where his presence originated from to find him talking to Natsu. It appeared I arrived just in time because I heard Natsu say, "E.N.D, thats the one Igneel tried to kill". Not so much a statement as a realisation.

Zeref replied, "I think it would be more accurate to say that Igneel couldn't kill him".

I giggled and they both turned to me. "I'm sorry, I just couldn't help but admire the irony of this situation". Zeref smiled because he knew where I was coming from, but Natsu just looked confused. After a few seconds, they turned back towards each other while I silently watched their exchange.

Natsu recklessly charged at Zeref only for his sword to get cut in half. I mentally facepalmed. Apparently, Natsu still hadn't learned that Zeref couldnt be killed.

"You should consider why Igneel failed, the answer might surprise you," Zeref said. Natsu blinked in shock and confusion. "You'll face the same choice as Igneel, to let live or to kill". Yet another reminder of the day I was dreading the most.

As he was saying his goodbyes, he said one more thing, "Who will reach me first I wonder, you or E.N.D". A sad look washed over my face at the reminder before I quickly replaced it with the mask I had been wearing since I got to Tartaros. I turned to look at Natsu to find him still staring at the spot where Zeref had been.

Hesitantly, I walked up to him and slowly put my hand on his shoulder, which seemed to snap him out of whatever trance he had been in. I looked behind him to find all the guards unconscious thanks to Zerefs immobilization magic.