Grand Magic Games - Day three

Day three wasn't any better. It started with a game called Pandemonium. There was a projection of what looked like a haunted house. There were 100 monsters. Everyone who was participating got to choose how many monsters they had to battle. They had to go in a specific order. They all drew sticks to decide which order they would go in.

The wizards participating were Erza, Cana, Jura, Olga, Millianna, Hibiki, Noberly, and Obra. I was a bit concerned about Obra participating because of him being Zeref's creation.

Erza was going first. She chose to battle all 100 monsters. I don't know why I was surprised. She had a bit of trouble, but ultimately, she did it.

Because we needed to determine the rank between the other participants, Mato brought out a Magic Power Finder. The contestants had to hit the lacrima with their magic power and the MPF would give them a score that would help determine their rank.

Since Erza won the Pandemonium, she had no need to participate, so Millianna was next. She scored a 365. Noberly was third, and he surprisingly scored even lower than Millianna at 124. Unsurprisingly, Hibiki scored even lower at 95. Obra was next. Inside, I was panicking like crazy, but I think I managed to hide it pretty well. Obra physically hit the MPF, scoring only 4. I felt a wave of relief wash over me. 'Phew, he didn't unleash his power,' I thought while staring down at the guy. Olga was next. He unleashed his black lightning, scoring 3825. Everyone in the stadium was gaping, and I just rolled my eyes. Jura scored even higher at 8544. Everyone was shocked, and I started laughing at Olga's shocked and depressed face.

Cana was last, and she was wasted, which wasn't surprising, given the pile of empty barrels to the side. We were starting to lose hope for her when suddenly she took off her jacket to reveal the very familiar markings of the Fairy Glitter spell on her arm. We all turned to Mavis. "I lent it to her for this occasion," she said with a smile on her face. I just rolled my eyes. I don't know why I was surprised. Because of the spell, Cana scored 9999 on the MPF. I think it just refused to go any higher. Both Fairy Tail teams won that one game.

The first battle of the day was with Millianna and Semmes. It was quite boring, but ultimately, Millianna won.

The next battle was with Rufus and Eve. I teleported over to the Sabertooth to support Rufus. When the boys noticed me, I could tell they were concerned about Minerva and I being anywhere near each other, so I gave them a smile that said, 'Don't worry, everything's fine, and no, I'm not going to kill her right now'. I then took my place next to Rogue. Eve kept trying to land hits on Rufus, but Rufus was just using the same old tricks. Eventually, he ended the battle with a 'Karma of the Scorching Earth' spell, landing him the win.

The next battle was with Laxus and Alexei, so I teleported back to Fairy Tail. It was boringly ordinary. Those two were just going back and forth. They were hardly even using their magic. I got the sense that something was wrong, but couldn't tell what. That left me feeling very confused. After a long while, the air cleared to show Laxus standing over all five members of Raven Tail. 'Illusions?' I thought. It turned out that Raven Tail broke not one, but two of the three rules: Not only were all five contestants in the arena when it was only supposed to be Alexei, but Alexei was actually Ivan, their guild master, so they were disqualified. We were all very happy about that.

The final battle of the day was between Wendy and Shelia. When they ran into the arena, they both tripped and fell on a rock. They also seemed to get along very well. 'How adorable,' I thought with a smile on my face. While watching Shelia, I felt immense magic coming from her and I started to get worried. Jellal, Ultear and Meredy felt it too. They thought it might have something to do with Zeref. I knew that couldn't be possible, but I kept my mouth shut. It turned out Shelia was just the Sky God-Slayer. It seemed she could heal herself in the middle of the battle, something Wendy could not do. The timer went off before they finished, so the match ended in a draw. They both agreed to be friends after that.

As I was leaving Domus Flau, Sting and Rogue approached me. "Hey (Y/N), are you joining us tonight?" Sting asked.

I couldn't help but laugh. "After last night? Are you sure that's wise?" I had already made up my mind to spend that night with Fairy Tail.

We hadn't even finished our conversation when we heard a commotion nearby. We ran towards the forming crowd to see Dorenbolt holding a shocked Jellal's mask. 'Oh no, this isn't good'. I sent a telepathic message to Ultear. "Ultear, are you seeing this?"

She replied right away. "Yes, do something about this".

I took one look at Sting and Rogue's shocked faces before running off to defend Jellal. "Hey, is everything OK?" I then turned to Dorenbolt and Lahar. "I see you've met my ex-fiancé, King Jellal of Edolas". I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy everyone's shocked faces.

It wasn't long before Yajima showed up and vouched for my story. Jellal got to walk away. I gave the boys a sly smile before following Jellal. I could tell Lahar didn't believe us, but at least we were safe, for now.

Later that night, I was taking a walk through the streets, getting some fresh air, when I saw Laxus and Makarov. I decided to approach them when I heard Laxus say, "What is the Lumen Histoire?" My eyes widened. The words made me think of a time I had tried so hard to forget.

Flashback

Mavis had been missing a full year. I felt so guilty. I knew what was going on with her, yet I chose to keep my mouth shut.

Everyone was out looking for Mavis, except Master Precht and I, who decided to stay at the guild should she return.

Suddenly, Zeref showed up holding a limp Mavis in his arms. Precht took her inside. I hadn't seen my big brother in years, and suddenly there he was. I had a choice to follow Zeref, who was now walking away, or stay with Fairy Tail and make sure Mavis was alright. I took one last took at Zeref's fading figure, before walking back inside.

While staring at her limp body, we felt a tiny bit of magic power coming from Mavis, which meant she wasn't dead.

We took her to the basement where we kept her safely hidden. We preserved her in a giant Lacrima to preserve what little life force she had left.

We told no one about that day. We spent years trying to revive her, with no success. Eventually, we were forced to tell the guild she was dead and that we buried her on Tenroe Island. I left just a few short years later.

End of flashback

When I snapped back to reality, I saw Mavis walking over to them saying, "It's not dark at all. The Lumen Histoire is actually what brings light into our guild".

I ran over to them. "It's not dark. It is, however, our biggest secret," I noted to Laxus. Mavis and I smiled at each other.

We were curious as to how Ivan knew about the Lumen Histoire. Mavis thought it might have been Precht. I thought so too, but I just didn't understand why Precht would do such a thing.

After that, I went straight to bed.