And We Aim For The Top

Sting and Rogue informed me that they were going to train for the Grand Magic Games for the next three months. Since we probably weren't going to see each other until the GMG, we agreed to meet up in Crocus, where the GMG was going to be held. So, I went with Natsu and the rest of the team who was going to train on the beach.

One by one, I helped them train for the Grand Magic Games. We were up to day two when Virgo showed up and said that the Celestial Spirit World was in trouble and they needed to go there immediately. I managed to slip away when no one was looking so I didn't get teleported along with everyone else.

For the next three months, there was no sign of Team Natsu anywhere. I worked with Crime Sorcière while waiting. I went back to that same spot every day in case they returned. When they finally did, there were only a few days left until the Grand Magic Games.

I told Jellal, Ultear and Meredy about Team Natsu going to the Celestial Spirit World and returning just before the Grand Magic Games. We devised a plan to help Fairy Tail by getting Ultear to give them a sort of power-up so they wouldn't run out of magic energy as quick and ask for their assistance in locating Zeref at the GMG.

While the others were complaining about not having enough time to train, a carrier pigeon arrived and landed on Erza's head with a note saying, "Hey Fairy Tail, you better come to the broken suspension bridge on the western hill". Everyone was confused and a bit scared about the note, but I wasn't worried in the least. I knew exactly who sent that message.

'A little aggressive, don't you think, Ultear?' I thought while smiling at the situation. In the end, we decided to go, which I was very happy about.

When we got to the broken suspension bridge, everyone was confused because there wasn't anything in sight apart from trees. '3... 2... 1...' As soon as I was finished with the mental countdown, the bridge magically repaired itself. No one really trusted the unstable bridge, but one by one, we crossed to the other side.

We kept walking for a while. After a while, three figures in dark blue hoods that I recognised all too well came out of the shadows. They pulled off their hoods to reveal Jellal, Ultear and Meredy. Everyone was very surprised to see them. I stayed at the back so no one could see that I was only one not surprised at what they had to say.

They immediately apologised for everything they'd done to my friends and started explaining what they had been doing for the past seven years.

"As much as we'd love to keep catching up," Ultear started. "We brought you here to ask for a favour. Is it true you'll be entering the Grand Magic Games this year?"

We all nodded in confirmation. This time, it was Jellal that spoke. "Every year, we sense unusual magic power during the games. We want you to find out what's behind it. The power we've been sensing is not only evil but reminiscent of Zeref".

All eyes turned to me. I let out a nervous chuckle. "How do you know it's not (Y/N)? She's Zeref's little sister, right? And what's more, she told us she's been going every year," Lucy pointed out.

"Because we know (Y/N)'s magic. This one is different," Jellal replied. "If you can track down the source of this mysterious energy, it can help us locate him".

"I've had years to improve upon my Arc of Time magic, and it can be used to enhance your abilities. A power-up, if you will," Ultear said, pleasing everyone. So apparently, that's what we were paying them. She then starting explaining things to them. "Not only can my Arc of Time force your magic containers to grow, but it can also grant you access to your Second Origin. You'll not only be able to use more powerful magic, but you can also keep using it for longer periods of time". Everyone happily agreed to the terms.

After that, Ultear started unlocking Team Natsu's 'Second Origin' while everyone else waited outside. The screams could probably be heard from miles away. Jellal and Erza went to be alone to catch up properly. I would've eavesdropped, but Ultear and Meredy wanted me to stay with them.

Once Ultear was finished with the spell, the three of us went to the cave they were staying at for the night and watched Erza and Jellal from Ultear's Arc of Time ball. It was rude, but also really juicy, and we were dying to know about their relationship.

We watched as Erza slapped Jellal, then the two fell and came tumbling down until they stopped and Jellal was lying on top of Erza. They started bringing their faces close to one another. They were so close, their lips were practically brushing against the other's, before Jellal pushed her away and said, "I have a fiancé". We were just gaping at the screen with our mouths hanging open.

'Why would Jellal say that? We know that's not true, and it's obvious he feels the same way she does,' I thought, utterly confused at what I just witnessed. We decided to wait and ask Jellal about it later.

Later that night, I was having dinner with them in that cave. Ultear, Meredy and I exchanged glances, then Meredy spoke to Jellal. "So Jellal, who's this fiancé and when do we get to meet her?"

Suddenly, Jellal got very flustered. "You guys heard that?!" We all started laughing.

"Why did you lie to her?" I asked once I had finished laughing. He practically said that he didn't deserve love. I didn't argue. I understood. After all, I felt the same way, it was why I said no to Rogue. Once he had finished explaining, I added, "You know she didn't believe you, right?" He nodded.

After dinner, I went back to the others and, after a good night's sleep, we travelled back to the guildhall, together.