Grand Magic Games - Day Five

Two days later, on the final day of the Grand Magic Games, Jellal asked me to patrol Domus Flau while he patrolled the city. I decided to walk around the perimeter of Domus Flau to see if I could find anything.

One by one, the guilds got called out. When Sabertooth came out, I drew my attention to a depressed-looking Sting. I wished there was anything more I could do for him, but my hands were tied.

I stared at Sting and Rogue while I thought what had happened right after Lector disappeared.

Flashback

Rogue and I had just watched Sting punch a hole through Jiemma. While the rest of us were speechless, Minerva stepped forward. "You're reign of terror ends here father, and not a moment too soon. Don't worry about your seat, it will be filled by someone worthy. Since he's beaten you, I believe Sting should have the honour". I got my hopes up at that. I thought Sting would make an excellent guild Master.
Jiemma was practically seething with anger at what Minerva suggested. Everyone else was just as shocked as I was.

Sting was still worried about Lector, but Minerva remained freakishly calm. "Don't worry Sting, your Lector's alive and well. It may have looked like my father's magic disintegrated him, but he was just teleported. I'll return him to you when, and only when we've won the Grand Magic Games". Now I was the one seething with anger.

I stood up at that and stared straight at Minerva. "Even with the proper motivation, there's no way you can defeat Fairy Tail. We've got motivation of our own, and a Fairy Tail wizard never gives up. You can try, but ultimately all that effort will be pointless, because Fairy Tail will be Number One again". With that, I disappeared.

After the Sabertooth meeting, I was sitting with Sting, Rogue and Frosch. Suddenly, I got an idea. "I've been asked to patrol the games for Crime Sorcière tomorrow, but what if I looked for Lector as well? I could send a projection while I stayed at the games. Plus, if he's got magic, I can find him no problem".

Sting staggered over to me and grabbed my clothes as he knelt down in front of me. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes. "Could you? Please?" I gave him a soft smile and nodded.

After the meeting with Fairy Tail, I was meeting up with Zeref in an alleyway. As I approached, I removed my hood and said to him, "I have a favour to ask". I then told him all that had happened with Sabertooth and asked for his help. It took a bit of convincing, but in the end, he agreed.

End of Flashback

Once I was done with my 'walk,' I decided to sit on top of one of the large statues to watch the games while still keeping an eye out for any suspicious activities.

Day five was the all-out battle involving all team members. Everyone separated throughout the town and when it came time to start, Fairy Tail stayed still with their eyes closed, but I wasn't worried. I just smiled as I recalled what happened last night.

Flashback

"Wait, are you saying he actually has the ability to see where we are at all times?" Juvia confirmed.

Mavis, Gray, Juvia, Laxus, Gajeel, Erza and I were having a meeting to discuss our biggest rivals in the games.

"That's right," I answered for Mavis. We had started off by talking about Rufus.

"Why are you even here?" They all turned to me.

"Because there's no one in this entire guild that knows Sabertooth more than I do, and you need all the information and help you can get".