The Morning of a New Adventure

After the Grand Magic Games, I had started spending a considerable amount of time with Rogue. It was hard being so far away from him all the time, but we were still in different guilds.

Ever since the Grand Magic Games, there had been a lot of jobs coming in requesting specific people. One day, Fairy Tail received a request asking for Natsu and Gray. They had just returned from a job together where apparently those two had been fighting non-stop for three whole days. At first, they refused to go, but as Makarov was reading the letter, he started shaking and said, "You'll go, and you'll behave".

I walked up to him to look over his shoulder and see why he was shaking until I read who the letter was from, 'Warrod Sequin'. I got scared myself. "Have fun, I'll just stay here".

I turned to run away when he grabbed me by the collar to stop me. "You're going too. He asked for you too". My eyes widened.

The next day, the three of us set off to Warrod's house. Wendy, Lucy, Erza, Happy and Carla tagged along to keep an eye on the boys.

When we got to Warrod's house, he decided to scare my friends by saying, "Be Quiet!" The others were practically shaking, but I just crossed my arms and rolled my eyes knowing he was joking. He practically drove the others crazy with his 'jokes'. When he noticed me, he narrowed his eyes. "(Y/N)".

The air around us went still. "Hello, Warrod," I replied.

I could tell the others were looking back and forth between us, but my eyes were trained solely on Warrod. "Do you two know each other?" Gray asked.

"Yes," I replied softly. "We knew each other quite well. In fact, we were friends".

After that... exchange, we all moved outside where Warrod told us about the job. "I came across a village hidden in the mountains. When I got there, the whole place had frozen over. Break the curse of ice, that is your task". Just then he made a tree grow out of the ground as a 'mode of transportation'.

One by one, they all climbed on. When they were all on board, they all turned to look at me still stationed on the ground. "Are you coming?" Lucy asked me.

"You guys go ahead. I'll catch up," I replied. With a wave of his hand, Warrod sent them off. Once they were out of sight, I turned to Warrod. "So, what did you want to talk about? You requested for me, didn't you? Clearly, it was to talk".

"I'm not mad," he replied. "But why did you abandon us?"

"I apologise very deeply for what happened back then. Not a day goes by that I don't wish I would've done things differently." After we talked, I teleported to the village.

When I landed, all eyes turned to me. "Did you get what you needed to get done?" Lucy asked me. I nodded. After that, we started advancing into the village.

When we arrived, we were shocked by what we saw. Everything in the village, from the ground to the forests to the mountains in the distance, had been frozen over. There was only one person I knew with that power, 'Silver'. Along with the surroundings, the citizens had been frozen over as well, which we were surprised to find out, were giants. I couldn't say anything about what I knew without risking Zeref's safety and exposing Silver's secret, so I kept my mouth shut.

While we were investigating the village, we were ambushed by three guys. They claimed they were from the treasure-hunting guild, Sylph Labyrinth. "Wait a minute," I exclaimed, "I know that guild! I used to have friends that were members before they quit". What I "failed to mention" was that those friends were none other than Warrod, Precht and Yuri.

Since I was deep in thought, I almost missed their conversation. "I'm sure you've heard about the eternal flame that's been burned in this village for centuries," one of them said. "No one's ever been able to get near it with the giants guarding it. Now we're taking the eternal flame and getting out while the giants are frozen".

"That flame you're after is frozen solid, just like everything else in the village," Gray pointed out.

They held up a vial of liquid moon drip. "We're going to melt the ice all on our own with this". Then they ran off.

"After them!" Natsu yelled. "With the moon drip, we could melt the whole village and free the villagers!" With that, we took off running after them while Erza decided to stay to see if she could try and find out more about the village.

We chased them all the way to the forest when two of them stopped while one kept running. With that, we were forced to stop. We were forced to fight them, but it seemed they both had weapons created to be used against magic-users and they quickly got the upper hand.

While we were fighting, bullets came racing down towards us. We looked up at a nearby cliff to see the third treasure hunter lying down with a sniper next to him. Lucy summoned Sagittarius to deal with the sniper, but the sniper's bullets only destroyed Sagittarius' arrows.

Before I could process it, Gray had managed to get his hands on the moon drip. We all started throwing the vial towards one another so that the treasure hunters couldn't get to it. Eventually, Carla threw the vial to Happy, who missed by a centimetre. The vial fell to the floor and broke, spilling the moon drip. There, a small patch of dirt grew. That's when we realised that there was no way that tiny amount could free an entire village.

Suddenly, Natsu claimed he could hear a voice coming from the ground.
Without warning, he ran off to follow the voice and find its origin, leaving us trailing behind him as we struggled to keep up with him. Along the way, we lost track of both Natsu and Gray and Happy and Carla decided to search from the skies, leaving Lucy, Wendy and I alone.

Before we knew it, the treasure hunters were chasing after us. They were after Lucy's gate keys. Wendy slipped and fell on the ice and a bullet came racing towards her. Just as the bullet was about to hit her, red hair came out and caught the bullet just in time. Attached to that red hair was Flare Corona from the Grand Magic Games.

Flare revealed that she was from the Village of the Sun. She said that the giants took her in and raised her as their own. Even through all that, she yearned to see the outside world, so she left. She was soon found by Ivan and was convinced to join Raven Tail. Now that Raven Tail had been disbanded, she decided to come back to her hometown to find that sight. That's when I realised that I misjudged her. Now that I had heard her story, I realised that she wasn't as bad as I thought she was, and I was in no position to judge her anyway.