Chapter 10: Face to face

|The hardest walk you can make is the walk you make alone. But that's the walk that makes you the strongest|

Alaïa's pov:

It was already lunch and everyone was in the cafeteria talking about the East Grove arrival. It was the main talk of the school.

Xander wasn't here. After our class in the morning, he went away as soon as the bell rang. I didn't saw him since. It was like he was ignoring me.

"Practise was cancel because of East coming here." Grayson said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"When are they coming?" Adelisa asked.

"They must be here anytime." Tyler replied as he checked his phone.

"And one more thing. Do not go closer to them. They might seems cool and nice but they aren't. You are new here and they will try to target you all so be really careful. Try not to be alone except in your classes,they wont be able to do anything since the teacher would be there." Grayson warned and Xander's words was still playing in my mind.

"Why us? And they won't even know whether we are new or not." Hailey said chuckling.

"Oh no don't make this mistake to understimate them. They are smarter than that. They already did it the previous years that's why i'm warning you. They are evil and they will do anything to put our team out of the selection." Grayson said seriously.

"How can they made your team out if they target us?" Adelisa asked confused.

"Well let's just say one of them try to kiss you and Tyler saw that. Of course he is going to punch that dude for kissing you. So the East Grove will take this as an opportunity to say that we started a fight and if by mistake the player's arms or leg got broken, coach will take our team out of the finals." Grayson explaind and Tyler glared at him.

"That's the last time i'm telling you anything Grayson." Tyler said making Hailey and i chuckled.

The example Grayson used just confirmed us about Tyler's crush on Adelisa. Once at our old school he mistakenly said that he had a crush on her when she wasn't around. But after a few days, he joked that he had lied.

Yeah right...

Adelisa was biting her lips to hide her smile.

"Hey i'm just explaining something." Grayson argued.

"Couldn't you use another example?" Tyler asked.

"You wouldn't want me to take Hailey and i as example right so i had to improvise." Grayson said smugly looking at Hailey who didn't hide her smiled.

"And can i know why there is an 'Hailey and i'. I don't remember you asking me for permission to let that happen." Tyler asked. He was now on his big bro mode.

"Why would he do that?" Hailey blurt out. And to say this morning she was denying us. Look at her now.

"Yeah why would i do that? You already knew about us and ship us dude." Grayson joked as he wrapped on of his arm around Tyler shoulder. Tyler took it off and moved away from Grayson.

"Don't touch me dude." He said.

"Oh some bromance." I joked and Tyler glared at me. Grayson smirked and move his chair closer to Tyler.

"What are you doing?" Tyler asked eyeing him.

"So do Grayson has the permission to date Hailey?" I asked ignoring Hailey glares.

"Yeah.. wait no!" Tyler said. He was caught up in looking at Grayson's movement that he almost agreed with it.

"You can't stop them forever. Whether you like it or not these two are going to be together." Adelisa said smirking.

"Yeah so better agree now." I said and he shake his head no.

"Never."

"Don't worry at some point he will have to agree." Adelisa said to Grayson.

We were so caught up in our conversation that we didn't notice the whole cafeteria being almost empty. I looked around and saw only three students who was also making there way out.

"Did the bell rang?" Hailey asked confused.

"No there is still 25 minutes left." Adelisa said.

"The East Grove are here." Grayson stated. He stood up and so did Tyler.

"We need to go on the field right now." Tyler said and Grayson nodded.

"We can go too right?" Adelisa asked

"Yeah.... but be really careful. And stay together." Grayson said and we nodded.

We walked outside and saw that almost everyone was out. Our team was already on the field and both Tyler and Grayson went to join them. I spotted Xander standing next to the coach. He was looking blankly at the mini bus parked in the parking lot.

The East Grove team stepped out of their minibus and walked in our field. Grayson was right. They looked cute and innocent but when they smirk we could guess they weren't that innocent.

They walked to our coach and Xander. One of the boy went infront of Xander and put his hand forward for him to shake it.

"I think it's the captain. Grayson mention that they need to handshake to show that they will play fair." Hailey whispered loud enough for Adelisa and i to hear.

Once they finished handshaked they moved three steps back and let their coach talk. However, the two teams were eyeing each other as if they were planning a murder in their head.

The two coach handshaked and walked to their team. They talked and we could see all the team nodding. Even Tyler and Grayson.

When it was done, the coach walked away. The team came face to face and many whispers could be heard. Cynthia walked up to Xander but he ignored her and turned to leave. He didn't even say anything. His eyes caught mine and he kept the stare till he walked past us and went into the building. Slowly all the team members dispersed. Tyler and Grayson walked to us.

"That was the most intense face to face." Tyler said and Grayson chuckled.

"That's just the start. It will get more intense when we will practise. And the fact that they have to remain in this school till the start of the match doesn't help." Grayson said.

"They are going to study here?" I asked and they nodded.

"Unfortunately."

All i could think was what will happen next. Either with Xander or the East grove.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
;)
Love ya