Chapter 23: His mom.

|Every family has a story to tell|

Alaïa's pov:

We were now in the parking lot waiting for Xander. The boys and him decided that they will play video games this evening while the girls and i would be in our room doing our 'homework'... more like watching netflix.

He finally came and he was looking tensed.

What happen now?

"Sorry guys i need to go home. My mom is sick and she needs me." He apologised and we nodded at him. He did mention to me that his mother would be worried after the call she received this morning. Maybe that's why she is sick. He didn't wait for anyone to reply and walked to his car.  It looked like it was really serious and deep down i know he wasn't telling us everything.

"I'm going with him. See you later." I said to them and didn't wait for their reply. I ran to him and stopped near his car.

"Can i come with you?" I asked and he looked at me confused.

"Are you sure you want to come with me? I'll-"

"Yeah i'm sure." I said and he nodded.

We sat down and he started to drive.

"So what happen to your mom?" I asked breaking the silent.

"She fainted in the hospital. Some of her friends bought her home and called me." He explained and i nodded.

"She's going to be okay. Don't worry." I said and he sighed.

"I'm really hoping so." He murmured but i heard it.

The ride to his house was silent but a comfortable one. When he reached, he parked and we stepped out. He open the front door and we entered in.

"She must be in her room." Xander said closing the door. I dropped my bag on one of the couch in the living room and followed him upstairs. He opened the door of her room and peaked before entering.

I entered in and saw Nina laying on her bed. She was sleeping and had her blanket on her.

"Her friend told me that she gave her some medcine so she will be sleeping i guess." Xander said lowly. He walked to her bed's table and pick up a paper.

"I need to buy some medcine and some grocery." Xander sighed.

"Well you can go and i'll stay here." I said and he looked at me. I didn't really know where the supermarket or pharmacy were.. so it would be better if he goes while i stay here.

"Ok. Thank you." He said and i nodded.

"No problem."

He put the paper in his pocket and looked at his mom a last time," if something happen call me ok?"

"Don't worry i will." I said and he nodded. He walked out and i went to sit on one of the couch. There was many book and magasin so i took a book and started to read it.

----

After a few minutes of reading, i heard coughs. I looked up and saw Nina waking up. I put the book down and walked to her. She coughed again and i poured her some water.

"Here."

I help her to sit down and handle her the glass of water. She took it and gulped everything.

"Thank you. Where is Xander?" She asked looking around. She looked tired and really sick. I took the glass of water from her and put it on the table.

"He went to buy some medcine and groceries. He will be back soon." I said and she nodded.

"H-how is he? He didn't got hurt in the morning right?" She asked worried and i shake my head no.

"He's good." I reassured her.

"B-but the coach said he was punch and was taken to the infirmary." She frowned.

"No nothing happen to him. The other boy did punch him but he's good don't worry. I was with him in the infirmary, the nurse just examine him and that's all." I half lied trying to put her at ease. She breathed out in relieved and nodded.

"He didn't start the fight right?" Nina asked concernly.

"No. It was the other boy that started it." I replied and she nodded.

"I'm happy he didn't start the fight first. He knows i hate it when he fights." She said and i bit my lips. Little does she know that his son fight at night.

"I'm glad you looked after him at the infirmary. Now i know that there is someone else looking after him." She said smiling weakly.

"I-i'll try my best." I said not knowing how to response to her.

"I know i worry too much but i already lost a child and i don't want to lost my other child." She said her eyes tearing. "I almost lost himself before you came. He never smiled anymore, he never laughed like he used to do. He was always worried about me when he should have been enjoying his life."

By the end, she was already crying. It was hard to see her like that. She break down infront of me, a complete stranger. I sat by her side and engulfed her in a hug. That was all that i could do to comfort her. I let her cry on me because i know she has been holding everying in for too long. I didn't care that her tears were falling on my jacket making the fabric wet. She had to let everything out.

"I'm so sorry you have to see me like this." She said wiping her tears. She pulled away and looked at me.

"You don't have to apologise Nina. It's okay.." i said lowly and she chuckled.

"You are too good." She said as she place her hand on my cheeks.

"You should rest more Nina. I will wake you up when Xander will be back." I said and she nodded. I help her laid back down and pulled the cover on her. I let her fall asleep again and once i was sure she was asleep, i walked back to the coach.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
follow
;)
Love ya