Chapter 24: His pearl

|The love of a family is life's greatest blessings|

Alaïa's pov:

I put my book down again when i heard the front door closed. I looked at Nina and she was still sleeping. I walked downstairs and found Xander in the kitchen. He was putting everything he bought in the cupboards.

Once he finished, he turned around and then noticed me.

"How's mom?" He asked worried.

"She woke up and fell asleep again." I said lowly and he nodded.

"I'll go see her." He said but i stopped him.

"Wait. Give me your hand." I said and he looked at me confused.

"Why?" He asked giving me his bandaged hand. I took his hand and dragged him to the sink. There was still blood on the bandage and i had to remove it.

"Your mom asked about your fight at school." I started looking at him. He tensed and let me continue,"I told her that you were fine but she didn't believe from the start since your coach told her your were in the infirmary. I lied and told her that you just had a check up. So we have to remove this or else she will know i lied."

He nodded at me and i removed the bandage. His knuckles were a bit red but it was not bleeding. I throw away the bandage and took a wet towel and passed it on his knuckles.

"Why is your jacket wet?" He asked lowly after a few seconds. I didn't reply to him cause i know he knows the answer.

"She cried didn't she?" He asked and i could feel the pain when he ask it. When i didn't reply he started to curse loudly.

"Don't be so loud you will wake her up." I stated and he started to pace around running his finger in his hair.

"I'll freaking kill chase." He hissed through his teeth.

"No you will not." I said sternly. He turned toward me and looked at me in disbelieve.

"How can you say that when my mom is in this condition because of him!" He snapped angrily and i sighed.

"Xander open your eyes. He isn't the one who did that to your mom. It's you!" I said and he looked at me shocked. "You shut her out Xander. She is worried about you and what's happening in your life. You might have thought that you are doing the right thing by shuting her out but it isn't. Deep down she is worried about you."

He remained silent listening to me. He lowered his gaze looking down. I didn't wanted to be involved in their personal life but someone had to tell him that. I wasn't being rude, i was just trying to help them.

"What do i do?" He murmured lowly.

"Go to her and let her in. I will stay here and made dinner for you guys." I said and he looked at me.

"You don't have to make dinner for us. We'll-"

"No. I'll do it. Take your time with her." I said and he nodded.

Xander's Pov:

I made my way to mom's room. Alaïa was right. I was the one who push her away and unknowingly hurt her more. I was just trying to make her stay out of my pain because she was already hurting herself but i guess i was wrong.

I opened the door and entered in. I walked closer to her bed and sat down beside her. Her eyes opened slowly and she turned to me.

"You're back." She said lowly.

"Yeah i'm back." I said. She tried to sit down and i helped her. She placed her hand on my cheeks and looked carefully at my face. Once she was satisfy i wasn't hurt she smiled weakly at me.

"I'm sorry mom. For everything" I said dropping my gaze.

"Don't be sorry son. We all have dark moment in our lives and we all choose to handle it differently." She said rubbing my hair.

"Still i could have talk to you. You were hurting too and i shut you off." I said and she shake her head no.

"Don't blame yourself Xander. Everything's okay now." She said wrapping her arms around my shoulder. I pulled her into me and hugged her.

"Where's Alaïa?" Mom asked as we pulled away.

"She is in the kitchen making dinner." I said and mom's eyes widened.

"You made her do dinner?" She asked and i immediately said no.

"I didn't. She scolded me and told me to take my time with you while she made us dinner." I explained and she chuckled.

"You got yourself a good girlfriend Xander. She is a pearl and you should not let her go. She cares for you, and even me. Who let an old woman cry on them? She didn't judge me or push me away." She said and i chuckled.

"You're not old mom." I said and she laugh lightly.

"Go help her. I will be down soon." She said.

"Oh no. We will bring your dinner up. You just relax ok?" I asked and she sighed.

"I'm tired being on the bed. I want to walk a little." She said and i nodded.

"Ok. Let us finish the dinner then i'll bring you down." I said and she nodded.

I let her and walked downstairs. I entered the kitchen and saw Alaïa near the oven. She had her back to me so she didn't saw me yet. Mom was right. I shouldn't let her go away.

I was going to do something that may change everything between us. I walked to her and she was so busy that she didn't notice me. I wrapped my arms around her waist startling her. She jumped a little but i only tighten my hold on her and buried my face in her neck. She froze but didn't push me away.

"Thank you for everything." I said.

"T-that's okay." She said and i could tell she was still shocked. I pulled away and she turned to me.

"I guess everything went right." She said and i nodded.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)