Under The Cloak Of Night

It was dark. Dark and shrouded in a fog that could dim even the brightest flame. However, this was not uncommon for the archipelago. In fact, nights like this one were the most desirable for anything or anyone wishing to be hidden from the world. What was unusual, however, was the peculiar flying shapes that glided ever so silently over a fleet of travelling ships.

A man paced the deck of one of the many ships, ensuring that everything was where it should be. A saddened whimper sounded next to the man. "Quiet." He growled.

The saddened whimper belonged to none other than a caged dragon. The beast only groaned in pain as a response to the man's aggression.

Suddenly the man spotted a figure in the mist. Cloaked in darkness, it was almost as if a shadow had taken form as a man. The figure proceeded to ignite a blade, causing it to appear as if it were made of fire.

"What are you?" the man asked cautiously, eyeing the mysterious figure suspiciously. The figure placed a finger on what appeared to be a mask. "Shh,"

It was only just after the figure issued the ominous, low shushing that the man realized there was another presence. He whipped around weapon at the ready, and held out a dim lantern. Only, the light reached nothing. There was only a large shadow being that growled and slinked down from the cage it was perched upon. It's spine radiated a vibrant blue light as it reached the deck and began crawling towards the man. Realizing the danger, the man shot backwards and turned to attack the slender figure. The man swung his blade and light, only to miss each attack. In attempt to regain the upper hand, the man threw his lantern at the dark figure and creature that stood by its side. The small, lit box did nothing, however. It was blocked by the figure, sending it crashing to the floor. The wooden deck caught fire almost instantly. The man thought this was his chance to get away, but he was so very wrong. The figure and creature strode through the flames with the confidence of a Norse God. The creature that walked alongside the figure became more visible in the fire, confirming that it was, indeed, a dragon. The man let out a shrill exclamation at the sight.

"AAAaah, you're a demon!" The man shouted in terror. The figure then shushed him again, only more anxiously. "NO! I'm not a demon, I am not a demon!" The figure assured softly.

The figure then proceeded to tilt up the visor and pulled down a fabric mask. "See? Just a guy, just a guy!"

"Here to rescue all these dragons, so... uh..." The green eyed figure explained. "But you walked through fire!" The man exclaimed in a shrill voice.

"Dragon scales! Dragons shed a lot..." The green eyed figure tried to reason with the man. "Nooo, I know a demon when I see one!" the man shook his finger in denial. It was as if he was trying to convince himself that what he was seeing was actually there.

"No human legs are that skinny!" the man added before turning to run. He didn't make it even six steps before another, larger dragon landed in front of him and burst into flames.

"Think that's a good entrance?! Get a load of me!" The stubby, red armored man chanted. That is until he realized his own rump was on fire. "AAH! AAH! AAAAAAH!"

The red armored man jumped off the back of his dragon steed and began to roll and run around the deck in pain.

"AH! More demons!" The man yelled, placing his hands on his head in fright. The green eyed figure merely pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed in what seemed like embarrassment.

"He's really just a nitwit who forgot to fire-proof his butt." The green eyed figure replied in exasperation.

The red armored man was about to run into a cloud of green before turning back sharply. "Guys! No! Not yet!" he exclaimed.