Following

Twilight's POV

"Ack! Why are you so angry?! I was only trying to make friends with her..." Toothless yelps as I whack him with my tail for what must the hundredth time this morning.

"Oh?! Really?! Just making 'friends' with her, is that what that was?!" I snapped at him. I can't believe him! I didn't even know he could draw, yet he draws her perfectly in the sand?! He's never once done that for me, let alone mention he could even do so! What does he think he's playing at?! What even...

"Seriously, what did I do wrong?" Toothless whines, rubbing his head with his paw.

"What you did wrong?... What you did WRONG?!" I growl. "You've never once drawn me, you didn't even tell me you could! On top of that, you also snuck away in the middle of the night to meet up with that she-fury! You even tried to leave with her!" I can feel the anger bubbling in my blood and my heartbeat pounding in my ears. I might even lose my voice from all the shouting...

"You even danced with her!... I can't believe you..." I sink to the ground and squeeze my eyes shut, counting in my head to try and calm down.

"Okay, c'mon Twi. What's so bad about dancing?" He questions, I open my eyes to be met with his baffled stare.

"That wasn't just any dance Tooth... that was a courting dance..." I sigh deeply and gaze into his ever confuzzled eyes. "It's a dance some furies do to profess their love for one another or to promise to be together forever."

At this information, Toothless visibly reels back with horror dripping in his eyes. "Oh dear Odin, Twilight, I'm so sorry! I didn't... I had no..." Toothless stutters as he runs and kneels before me, intertwining his tail with mine.

I shake my head and sigh once more. I nuzzle him and breathe in his scent. It always has been so comforting... "I know, I know... but you didn't even wake me up Tooth! You just left without saying a word. I was scared, and when you tried to fly after that she-fury I got this knot in my stomach. I was terrified that you would really fly after her and never come back..."

"Oh Twi, even if I did go I would always come back..." He licks my shoulder, his warm breath sending shivers through my scales.

"That's not the point... I hate it when you leave me out! I hate the feeling I get every time I see or hear about you being around that other fury!" My anger subsides, replaced by the burning sensation in my cheeks. I lean onto Toothless for comfort. "Please don't leave me out anymore, I can't take it!"

"Alright, I won't. I promise." Toothless whispers, licking me again. "You're not... jealous are you?"

I stand abruptly and slap Toothless with my tail, a little harder than before for good measure. "I can't believe you! Me? Jealous? As if!" I huff and turn away.

"Ow! Geeze, always the tail with you!" He laughs and comes to stand beside me.

"OKAY! Toothless!" I hear Hiccup call from a little ways away. He's carrying some sort of black contraption in his arms. Toothless bounds over to him and sits like an eager child does on Snoggletog. Hiccup kneels down and begins attaching what I assume is a new tail fin to Toothless.

"Well, well, well! Someone's excited!" I hear Eret comment as I trot over to see Tothless's new tail fin.

"He's just made a new friend, now he acts as if he's never had one in his life!" Hiccup replies as he tightens the buckle of the prosthetic. I'm shocked at how closely the fake fin looks like the real one! Hiccup really is a master of his craft...

"The sooner he brings back that Light Fury, the better!" Gobber exclaims as he hammers a hook into shape.

"Yeah, but to do that he'll have to fly without me..." Hiccup responds, standing up and stepping aside to bask in the glory of his hard work. "Time to give this new and improved baby a shot..."

"Atta boy, looking sharp Toothless!" Hiccup beams as Toothless twirls and shows off his new tail fin. "Well, what do ya think bud?"

Toothless nuzzles and licks Hiccup, finishing off with a very human-like hug. Hiccup laughs as Toothless sprints away. Tooth suddenly stops and looks back, locking his eyes with mine. He nods and says "C'mon, you're coming with me aren't you?"

I grin and gallop after him, Toothless and I looking back at Hiccup once before we take off. I hope he tells Kania where I've gone...

I leap off the ground as adrenaline flows into my wings as I shoot off into the vast sky alongside Toothless. Look out Light Fury, Twilight is gonna show you who's boss!

______________________________

??? POV

Mama and Papa just flew off, without Hiccup and Kania too! Hnngg.... I know I'll get in so much trouble but... OooOhh, I'm sorry big bro... I've gotta see what they're up to!

I slip away from my brothers and sisters, beginning to silently trail behind my parents. It's a good thing I've always been so quiet...

______________________________

3rd Person POV

Valka could barely see as she rode upon her dragon, Cloudjumper's, back. They had been flying for hours just to be sure they weren't being followed by the mysterious and deadly Grimmel. Valka slid her mask above her forehead as she tried to make out a figure in the mist. She gasped as Cloudjumper made a sharp turn to dodge what appeared to be the mast of a boat. They continued flying onward, silently, in the odd calm. Not much later, things became clearer and they could make out hundreds if not thousands of armed ships. Each one of those battle-ready seafarers had more cages than one could count, and they were all headed in the direction of the Berkians.

As she and Cloudjumper turned to fly back and warm the village, they were suddenly attacked from above by an unfamiliar being. They hadn't even heard it as it came barreling through them, sending Valka flying and almost plunging into the cold, dark depths below. They were able to regain composure though and managed to fight off two more of the unknown beasts. Seeing an opening, they made haste with their escape. Thankfully the attackers were called off, but by whom and how?

They could never have known it then, but they and the rest of the Berkians were about to enter a war that could put an end to everything they'd worked so hard on... including the annihilation of the dragons...