Hunted

Kania's POV

The fire crackled as it's embers dances in the crisp evening air. Laughter and the sound of rowdy Vikings toasting to chief Hiccup filled the would be silence, and the scent of booze carried for miles. I chuckle to myself as I watch Hiccup be carried and tossed throughout the camp by the people. Poor Hiccup, he looks sick to his stomach. I spot Gobber waddle over to support Hiccup as he's put back onto solid ground. I can tell Hiccup is unhappy despite the celebratory atmosphere, what with everyone seeming very content with staying on this island rather than look for the Hidden World. I get it. This is supposed to be temporary until we find our new home, but everyone acts as if we've already found it... Maybe talking with him will help both of us, seeing as both our flying companions are gone for the moment.

"How would I know?! She never comes around, and when she does she's always rushing off!" Hiccup exclaims, waving his arms around in exasperation. "I'm saying how- how do we know she's right for us?"

"Us?" Gobber comments.

"You know what I mean. She's so WILD and SKITISH... I'm just gonna say it. I don't trust her!" Hiccup proclaims, a stern look on his face. It reminds me of a kid who has to share his favourite toy... Ack! What am I thinking?! I can't compare him to a kid, he's just worried. I scamper over to Hiccup faster when I notice Tuffnut going into a tent behind Hiccup. Most likely to drag him away and talk about something we don't have time for. Sorry Tuffnut, not today!

"Hiccup! Can we talk?" I grab Hiccup's arm and start to lead him away for more privacy.

"Uhh sure. What's up? You're not going to tell me we should stay here, are you? I've heard more than enough of that for one day..." He sighs, a defeated look on his face.

"What? No no! In fact, I'm just as antsy to find the Hidden World as you are. I just wanted to talk to you. You've seemed distracted all evening." I respond quickly, letting go of his arm to walk alongside him.

"I'm just worried about Toothless. That Light Fury comes and goes like the wind, who knows where she might be taking Toothless and Twilight." Hiccup confides to me, tension seems to lift from his shoulders.

"I'm worried too, you know. Twilight is my best friend, to lose her would be devastating. However, she's shown time and time again that no matter how far she goes she'll always come back. You and Toothless are basically family, have a little more faith in him." I try my best to reaffirm Hiccup, stopping to place a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, you're right... thanks Kania. You always seem to know what to say to put my mind at ease. "Hiccup pulls me in for a hug. I hug back and give his back a few pats. He's been under so much stress lately, I'm glad to have helped even if it's just a little. After talking for a few more minutes, we decide to head back to the party. We meet up with Astrid, but barely get any sentences in when Cloudjumper and Valka come tumbling in. We rush over immediately, I grab a mug of water on the way over.

"Mom! Are you hurt?" Hiccup rushes to Valka's side, supporting her upward. "What happened out there?"

"I don't know how but Grimmel is tracking us." Valka rushes to say. I hand her the mug of water and she takes a large swig as she scans Cloudjumper for injuries.

"Agh! This is all because of the Hobgobblers!" Gobber cries out. I always knew Gobber was the superstitious type, but this is a bit much...

"He has a hundred ships, maybe more. With enough cages for all our dragons." Valka warns. I feel panic begin to rise in my chest. What if he comes across Twilight and Toothless?!

"If Grimmel is leading them, we have to take him out of the mix." Hiccup annotates as more of the group comes forward.

"Uhhh and how would we do that?" Tuffnut interjects.

"By going there to capture him." Hiccup responds.

"Capture HIM?" Gobber retorts, disbelief lacing his words.

"I'm with him, who else!?" Tuffnut shouts, arms raised.

Something doesn't feel right, this seems too obvious. "Hiccup, are you sure about this? You'd think someone as esteemed as Grimmel wouldn't be so easily discovered, or let Valka get away without injury."

"Kania's right. This seems to perfect of an opportunity." Astrid agrees, crossing her arms.

"We won't know until we go. We'll have back up ready if we need it, so gang, put on your gear and get on your dragons." Hiccup responds, deep in thought.

"One last thing Hiccup, our dragons aren't here." I remind him.

"I'll ride with Astrid, Kania you can take care of back up." Hiccup tells me. I nod and run off to prepare. I won't say it out loud, but I don't think this expedition is going to go very well. Something is going to go wrong, I know it. We can only hope for the best I suppose. Man, at times like these I wish Twilight was here.