Moving Out

Kania's POV

Well, that could have gone better... Twilight stands at my side in the loud hall, the storm outside barely audible. After tonight's fiasco, and having finally put out all the fires, Hiccup called a village meeting in the Great Hall.

"Alright, alright everybody, settle down please!" Hiccup bellows, his voice not quite penetrating the echos of concerned Vikings voices. He says something to Fishlegs, who promptly falls backwards with a goofy look on his face.

"Let me at 'em!" Spitelout cries.

"I'll give 'em a piece of my mind, and by mind I mean fist!" Another Viking hollers, clubbing another Viking in the face with a stubborn nod.

"Did you miss the part where we almost died!? Have you seen my house?!" Hiccup frantically gestures. "This is a new kind of enemy, and I underestimated him. Now that's on me, but I will NOT do that again!"

"We're Vikings! We don't run from a fight! At least I don't, you might." Snotlout denotes accusingly at Eret.

"I agree with Hiccup! We haven't seen the last of Grimmel. He's a predator, single-minded and patient. He won't stop until he gets what he wants." Eret states as he shuffles to Hiccup's side.

"I'm with Eret." Valka agrees. Snotlout hastily pushes out of his chair, glaring daggers at Eret. "We have to take this threat seriously."

"Grimmel is just a sign of the times! Our enemies are getting smarter, more determined. We're not just overcrowded, we're exposed and vulnerable." Hiccup's voice quivers slightly as he admits what everyone has been thinking. "Short of full-blown war and risking everyone we love I don't-" He stops abruptly, leaning over the table, hanging his head.

"I don't see a way of staying here any longer." He admits after a pause. I jump slightly at the idea, and Twilight seems to fidget nervously beside me. She casts a sidelong glance over at her children, and I can understand why. They've never flown outside of Berk before, and no one besides us Berkians knows they even exist. If someone were to see us...

"HEY! Hear him out!" Astrid slams her axe down on the table, her voice commanding attention. She sits back down and nods to Hiccup, who gratefully nods back at her.

"If we want to live in peace WITH our dragons we need a better plan." Hiccup chooses his words carefully.

"Sooo... what are you saying, Chief?" Gobber asks, everyone visibly tenses in anticipation.

"I'm saying we have to disappear. Off the map. Take the dragons to a place where no one will find them." Hiccup elaborates.

"And... where might that be?" The Viking from earlier asks, the response comes quick.

"He's talking about a quest for the Hidden World," Astrid replies, a touch of uncertainty in her usually confident voice. Only those who know her would notice, however.

"The hidden what?" a woman inquires skeptically.

"Out to lunch..." I faintly hear Ruffnut say, her brother Tuffnut's laugh following in suit.

"My father was obsessed with it when I was a boy. He made notes and maps in search of the ancestral home of ALL dragons. Tucked away somewhere beyond the edge of the world... it may be the solution we need." Hiccup explains, showing us the map and notes. He seems pretty serious about this... "We're dragon people, It's where we belong."

"Look I know this is our home. My father left me to protect it, but Berk is more than this place. WE are Berk! The people, the dragons... I say Berk is where ever WE go!" Hiccup's speech seems to have moved most of everyone, aside from some nervous looking folk. I'm excited, I think it's a great idea! However... I can tell that Twilight still has some doubts.

"I'm with him, who else?!" Tuffnut exclaims, throwing his hands in the air in support of Hiccup's plan.

I guess we're really about to do this...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Did you hear that there's going to be an HTTYD half-hour Christmas Special this year?! It's called Homecoming! You can find details about it online, I'm super excited! What about you? (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧