Setting Up Camp

Kania's POV

Seeing Twilight so cozied up makes me want to lay down drift off to dreamland, but alas I have to help unload supplies from the ships.

"Thank Thor for that!" I hear Gobber cry out. I'm sure he speaks for all of us, seeing as we'd been flying for basically an entire day.

"YES! My own place! I plan to build a hut, only for the bearded... RUFFNUT, you gotta stay out!" Tuffnut proclaims. We're only setting up camp for the night, not building our new village... right? "Chin whiskers don't count...."

"I see a tower of manliness in the shape of me... it's gonna be taller than Eret, bigger muscles." Even Snotlout seems to be getting into it, even if it is fueled by jealousy. Eret stammers out a confused reply and looks at Snotlout like he's lost his mind. "Get outta my house!...."

I move along to avoid the petty argument that has become a common occurrence between those two. I drop off the supplies I was carrying and take a moment to take the whole situation in. It's just so odd, we'd lived at Berk our whole lives, yet everyone seems fine with leaving it just like that. I mean, I should be too right? I had so many bad memories and experiences there but... I had so many good ones too! It's where I met Twilight, it's where I won my first race, it's where I made so many friends and found myself... I'm not sure if I'm as ready as I originally thought...

"Aah... uh okay... uh hold on, gang, I said make camp. Not... build a new village!" Hiccup gathers the attention of all the Berkians, which also helps to distract me from my conflicting thoughts.

"Who died and made you chief?" Snotlout responds, a comment to which you can see everyone visibly cringe at. Not cool Snotlout, not cool... Gothi then wacks him on the head. For an old lady, she sure knows how to swing a staff.

"Granted this place is... very nice, but it's not the Hidden World." Hiccup finishes, unbothered by Snotlout. It's sad how he's gotten used to hearing people say things like that, though I supposed it has been almost two years now.

"We don't even know if this 'Hidden World' exists!" A Viking huffs, placing his hands on his hips like the sassy Viking he is.

"Yeah, this place is real!" Another Viking chimes in, followed by several others agreeing. I mean, they have a point but they should a little more faith in their chief...

"Alright! You can stay." Hiccup announces after a moment of deliberation with his mother.

"Say hello to New Berk!" Gobber exclaims joyously. Everyone cheers, except me. Things are changing too fast... I don't think I'll be able to keep up!

"UNTIL Toothless and I find the Hidden World." To this, the Vikings groan but continue setting up camp. I walk over to Hiccup with the intent of discussing our next move.

"Now about that voice..." Tuffnut pulls Hiccup aside, leaving me trailing behind. "Can we lose the whole honking goose thing, it's hard to imagine a proud father with that going off every minute! Hehehe!"

"Um, Hiccup, can I talk to you-" I begin to say before I'm interrupted by Valka. She doesn't mean to, I'm sure. I just need to speak up next time.

"If you're going to continue west I should head back to make sure we weren't followed." She explains, and when I go to say something I'm interrupted AGAIN but this time by Snotlout.

"Great idea! I'll go with you, for protection-"

"NO! You're far too important here..." Valak seemed utterly distressed at the thought of having to bring Snotlout with her. Honestly, me too Valka. Me too.

"Just... be careful." Hiccup tells her, leaving an opening for me!

"Hiccup! Can I talk to you?" I step forward, getting Hiccup's attention at last.

"Oh, yeah, of course! Stay safe, mom." Hiccup turns to me, but I can't the apprehensive nod from his mother.

"So, I was wondering what the plan is. Like, when are we gonna head out to find the Hidden World?" I ask.

"I'm glad you asked, actually. I was thinking later this evening or early tomorrow morning we could go scout out some areas. Once we do finally move everyone into the Hidden World, I'm thinking we set up some defences just in case worst comes worst with Grimmel." I open my mouth to comment, but quickly shut it. I'm sure it's fine. "What?" Oh, Hiccup must have noticed.

"Well... this plan of yours, to hide us from the rest of the world. Though I wish it was that easy, I'm worried it might not work out how planned." I explain delicately, I don't want him to think I don't trust him! "You're like the brother I never had, Hiccup, and you know I'll always stand behind your decisions. I just hope you know what you're doing."

"I know it seems like a stretch, but I have to try." He responds, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I'm glad you shared your thoughts, you've really come out of your shell since we've met."

I smile and give his hand a gentle squeeze. "I've gotta go set up now, call me when you need me."

I leave him to talk with Astrid and go to find a comfortable place to pitch my tent. Maybe after I've slept a night away from home, I'll be more used to the idea of building a new village...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! It's been 4 months... and that's not good. I went on an unannounced hiatus and for that, I'm truly sorry. I had lost motivation and schoolwork was starting to get more difficult. I want to thank you all for waiting patiently for this chapter, and I double pinky promise to go back to the original schedule. Also, if any of you know where I can find a good quality version of the HTTYD Homecoming special please let me know.

Again, thank you. As always have the best day/night. ಥ_ಥ