Someone's Here

"So... you want to have kids." Tuffnut states. I'll admit, I was almost surprised. Then I remembered that Tuffnut usually brings up things that are barely touched upon.

"Uuhh, no actually. Astrid and I decided we are going to wait until everything gets organized." Hiccup explains, clearly uncomfortable talking about such a personal matter.

"Good news! I've been to a delivery before, don't ask when, it was a TERRIFYING experience. But, it wasn't as high profile as yours will be. Lots of pressure, expectations, and not just by me." Tuffnut straight up ignores Hiccup, which was kind of funny. Though I do want to know when Tuffnut has ever been to a delivery, and why. I'll coax it out of him one of these days.

"Look, we talked about! We're not ready." Hiccup dumbs down what he previously said, to make it clearer for Tuffnut. Why is he so interested anyway?

"Cold feet! I've seen it before. Don't worry lil' Hicky, I'm here." I almost burst out laughing at the nickname Tuffnut's just given him. I look over at Toothless and he seems to be fighting down a chuckle as well.

"Wait... Hicky?" Poor Hiccup sounds so confused upon rendering the nickname. Oh, how I want to laugh. I hold it in though, just because I know I'll have plenty of time to laugh about it with Toothless and kids later.

~[Flashback]~

"Hey mom, dad!" I hear a familiar voice call my name. I turn to see my daughter Luna skidding across the ground, almost ramming into me as she tries to slow down her landing. Right behind her is my son Obsidian, who lands much more elegantly despite being out of breath.

"Good morning kids! Obsidian, why are you so out of breath?" Toothless beat me to the question.

"Well, Luna here-" Obsidian is cut off just as fast as he begins.

"I was just taking him out on a fly! He's been on the ground too long and I was thinking that it would be bad for his wings so I invited him on a fly! He really didn't want to go at first but after enough begging, he finally agreed on a flight around the island! I knew all that groundwork was a strain on his wings because he was sooooo slow, you should have seen it! I went around the island twice when he was only halfway around on his first round, he should fly more! Dad tell him he should fly more!" Luna, energetic as always, explains things faster than most of us can understand. Luckily I got the important bits. My sweet obsidian, my heart always goes out to you for trying to keep up with your sister.

"Uuuh, Luna, could you-" Toothless begins, also to be cut off mid-sentence.

"Gotta go now! There's a race coming up and I just have to win! See you later, love you!" Luna gives both me and Toothless a lick before shooting off into the sky off to Odin knows where.

"Look after her, won't you? Valhalla knows how much trouble she can get into." Toothless asks Obsidian, who nods with a gentle smile.

"Always will." He promises as he takes off to find where ever Luna has flown off to.

"Oh, speaking of trouble. Keep an eye out for your brother Shadow. His pranks on the village are giving me more trouble then they're worth." I call to him, chuckling at the silly memories.

"Of course!" Obsidian calls back, flying off as fast as he can. He deserves a break, he's always looking after our family, even when we're all together in the safety of our home.

"Let's go, I'm pretty sure we're far behind Hiccup and Tuffnut by now." Toothless nudges my shoulder.

"Ah, you're right! I forgot, let's go!" With that we trot to catch up with the two riders.

~[Flashback End]~

"We're here." Toothless's voice snaps me back to the present. As we walk into the clearing I notice a tree with the whole top half blown off. It must have been the 'Light Fury', I guess she wasn't super when she first woke up. That's understandable, I was the same way when I first woke up on this island. Toothless sniffs around and walks in a curved pattern around the center of the clearing. That's a bit odd, why wouldn't he just go through the middle? Oh well, maybe he's following the scent foot my foot. I decide to walk the same way Toothless did, just for the sake of it.

"I found her over here, then she took off in that direction." Toothless uses his tail to point on the direction the Light Fury presumably flew off in.

"I'll fly up there and see if I can't find anything." I inform Toothless as I fly to the top of a tree in the direction the Light Fury went.

When I find nothing, I fly back down next to Toothless. He seems pretty focused, so I decide against talking to him.

"Oooh, what is that?" I hear Tuffnut ask from behind me. I turn around and the first thing I see is a dart and a horrified expression plastered on Hiccup's face. I start to walk over to him to see what's wrong.

"Twilight!" Hiccup shouts, putting a hand out in warning to stop. Frightened by the sudden noise, everyone jumps back. I can feel my heartbeat spiralling out of control, it was beating so fast I thought it was going to burst out of my chest.

"Don't move a muscle." He tells me, keeping his hand out. I feel Toothless move in beside me, he leans over and nuzzles me. My heartbeat slows down as I calm down and relax.

"Hey!" I hear Tuffnut protest as Hiccup takes a stick from his hands. He throws the stick into the center of the clearing. As soon as it touches the ground a trap sets off and shuts itself faster than Luna can fly. It was loud, and it was menacing. It doesn't look like just any trap, no, it looks like it's made to hurt whatever it catches.

Someone is here, someone very bad...