Always Connected

Kania's POV

Five years sure do fly by fast... I wonder if Twilight's been keeping track too.

"What're you thinking about?" Astrid asks as she entwines white and black flowers in my hair.

"Oh, not much. Just nervous I guess. I never thought I'd ever be getting married." I respond, fiddling with the cuffs of my dress. White fading to black on the ends was definitely a good idea. "What are you doing with my hair?"

"I'm putting your hair up into a Dutch Flower Bun. It's a style I learned overseas during a trade expedition with Hiccup." Astrid pats my shoulder and places a reflective glass in my hands. The pale line of the scar on my forehead just peaks through my hair. "Don't overthink it. Weddings are supposed to be a celebration, not a business deal."

I smile at my reflection, breathing in all of Astrid's hard work. I look beautiful. Astrid comes behind me and places something around my neck. It's my necklace, the one made from Twilight's scales. "All of this is perfect, thank you, Astrid."

"You're welcome. Now, let's get you out there. You're husband-to-be seemed pretty excited." Astrid takes my hands and guides me to the door. Heat rises to my cheeks as I look down at my feet in embarrassment. Upon opening the door, we are greeted by Hiccup, Zephyr and Nuffink. Hiccup holds Nuffink in one arm and holds Zephyr's hand in the other. Zephy smiles when she sees me and hands me a flower.

"Good luck auntie Kania. If he annoys you, just tell me and I'll kick his butt for you!" Zephyr punches the air to prove her point. I hum and pat her head. She smiles.

Hiccup hands Nuffink over to Astrid then turns to me with his arm out. I take it silently and he walks me to the ceremony.

"You don't have to do this you know," I whisper to him. "I can go up by myself."

"Don't worry about it. You're family, I want to do this." Hiccup smiles kindly, I respond in kind. I wonder how Twilight's family is? Have they all grown up? Does she think of me? I bet Zephyr would have gotten along well with them, she is Hiccup's daughter after all. Nuffink might be hesitant at first, but I think he'd warm up to their companionship too.

"Smile Kania. This is your big day!" Hiccup mutters to me as we approach the plaza, earning the gazes of all those in attendance. My eyes rise above them all to meet my sweetheart's. He acts as if he's just seen a goddess, it's... flattering. the guests part down the center as Hiccup walks me to the center. Once we reach it, I take the outstretched hand of my beloved and stand before him. Words are lost to me as I delve into my thoughts. My love has seen me through it all. He was there for me when I said goodbye to Twilight, and he's been there for me even through my darkest moments. He took all my good and bad parts and loved all of them.

"I do." I say, weight in the words. His soft lips meet mine and I think... no... I know that I'm going to be okay.

Twilight's POV

Seven years have gone by... alright. It was hard at first, for all of us. Being with Toothless and our kids made it easier though. They make me strong. All my babies have grown up and left the nest. They stick close enough nearby for visits of course, but they're all off doing their own things. I think out of all of them, Stella surprised us the most. She became even more adventurous, travelling farther than all of us in the Hidden World, and was the first one to start a family. She and Luneaura's relative, Jericho, became a mated pair and are expecting their three eggs to hatch in a few weeks.

"I thought I'd find you out here." Toothless's voice pulls me from my thoughts. He always seems to know where to find me when I get like this.

"It's nice to know I can go if I need to," I reply, licking his cheek. "In case she needs me."

"She's strong, and so is Hiccup and everyone else. I'm sure they can pull through whatever hardships they face." Toothless lays next to me. The water of the ocean crashing against the rocks sending drops onto him. When the sun hits it in a certain way, they look like stars. Something else catches my eye though. An approaching boat.

"Someone's here." I nudge Toothless, standing up and stretching my wings. "Let's go see what they're doing all the way out here."

Toothless and I leap over effortlessly, balancing on the bow of the ship. There are six in total humans, two adult females, an adult male and three children. One female stands out to me though, something about her is... familiar. The male extends a hand and looks away, then I look back at the female and her eyes tell me that she's-

"Kania!" I cry, leaping onto her and licking her head to tow. She releases a heartfelt laugh and she wipes saliva and tears from her eyes. She smiles at me. She smiles just how I hoped she would when we met again. Then I remember the small child she's with, a little female.

"This is my daughter." Kania lifts the small child up to me, her eyes are the same striking sapphire as her mother. I blow air onto her face, which makes her giggle and pat my head. I nuzzle the small girl. "Her name is Twilight."