Good Morning Berk!

It was the warm sunlight that dappled my face that woke me up this morning. That and the unholy snores of my rider, Kania Petrova. I yawn and stretch, preparing for the day. The last few nights have been fairly busy, so it's nice that I finally got some undisturbed sleep. I give a last shake and waddle over to Kania's sleeping form. I blow some air onto her face, the only response I get is some gurgled groan. Maybe a 'no' somewhere mixed into it. So, I nudge her face and arms, both of which are hanging off the side of the bed. Again, another indiscernible noise. I guess I don't have a choice. I step onto the bed, move my face down to Kania's, and give her a big, wet lick.

"Nooo! Please, I just want a few more minutes..." She groans groggily, scooting away and trying to wipe the saliva off her face. I laugh and hop off the bed. "Ugh fine, I'm up. I don't WANT to but I am..." She yawns and slides off the bed, cracking her knuckles and stretching.

I make my way downstairs to the kitchen, sniffing around for a salmon for breakfast. Eventually, I find one and scoff it down in one go. Just as I was about to go back upstairs, Kania comes bouncing down.

"I don't know how you get up so easily in the morning, Twi," She tells me as she looks for a quick breakfast of her own. "I would much rather sleep-in than go out and actually do stuff."

Of course you would Kania, of course you would. Which means you have NO PROBLEM whatsoever wearing the same clothes for pyjamas AND everyday clothes! Black leggings and a beige tunic. I sigh and trot back upstairs, in search of the one thing she always forgets when she's about to leave the house. Her ankle fur boots. They were a gift from Astrid on Kania's 16th birthday. I can't believe it's been a year and they're still the only pair she'll wear aside from her armor boots.

It took a bit of digging, literally, but I eventually found them under a heap of clothes that Kania neglects to wash. I pick them up with my teeth by the cuffs and meander back downstairs. Kania appears to have moved from the kitchen to the large silver disk on the bathroom wall. Kania is calling it a 'mirror' because it reflects and mirrors anything in front of it. She's tying up her hair into what appears to be a half up, easily done, braid in her hair.

"Hey can you-... oh you've already found them. Thanks!" Kania chirps while putting the finishing touches on her hair.

"What would I do without you?" She rubs my head and slips her boots on. She does one last check in the mirror and nods. She grabs her satchel from the wall and opens the front door, the many roars of dragons greeting her. "Alrighty then, let's go Twilight! The others are sure to be talking about the next mission." She says with a wide grin.

We step out and I fly us down to the ground, narrowly avoiding other dragons and their riders. At least we got a few 'good mornings' on the way down. It still amazes me that Berk has changed this much in just a year. It reminds me of when Kania's parents got out of jail. I will never forget the look of utter disgust and shock on their faces. As soon as they got out they announced that they were leaving, and nobody cared. I was so happy that day, finally those monsters would be out of Kania's life. No one went to see them off, except Kania. She told me she wasn't sad, she was just seeing them off as a sort of familiar respect. 'They did feed feed me, and kept a roof over my head.' she said. I didn't really get it, but respected her opinions anyway. Back to the present, we're almost to the stables. When I think about it, Kania really is a remarkable and intriguing viking. I mean she just spent her 17th birthday doing a mission rather than having a party! No being but Kania would do that. But she did say the best gift she could receive was watching dragons fly free, so I guess she doesn't have to be normal to be the kindest human in the world.

"What do you mean gone?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to be real with you guys, I missed the deadline yesterday because I've been getting into SHERLOCK. BUT! That just means that you guys get two chapters today! I hope you can forgive me. TOT