Chapter 1

Welcome!

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for reading! This is my first time sharing any of my writing so please be kind! Also I would love it if you would please vote and comment and let me know what you like.
All my love, Cal
(In desperate need of editing lol)

The sun is shining through the little opening in my curtains and reflecting off the vinyl flooring of my bedroom. Currently blinding me while I try to force myself to roll out of bed. My alarm continues to scream at me for the tenth time this morning. My eyes straining against the morning light. I can't help the groan that escapes my mouth as I stretch for my phone on the nightstand to stop the ringing in my ears from that damn alarm. I glance at the text on the screen squinting as I read it, not fully awake yet.

Julie: Girl you are SO going out with us this weekend!! There is no way I'm letting you get out of it this time!!

I roll my eyes at her dramatic text and fall back onto my bed. Julie, my best friend, is basically the complete opposite of me in every way. She is unorganized and scatter brained and way more adventurous than I will ever be. But she also makes our little apartment feel like home. Even when she drives me absolutely crazy with the mountain of dirty dishes she leaves in the sink. But I would honestly be lost without her.

Me: You know I had that essay to finish! But it sounds like you had fun as usual! Maybe I will join you next time! We'll see! Lol

I text her back and then head to the bathroom to hop in the shower before my class. The hot water in our apartment takes forever to heat up and wait impatiently to get in as my tiny bathroom becomes filled with steam. The hot water helps to wake me from my zombie state and relaxes my muscles. I'm dreading class this morning. I took this elective class because I figured it would be an easy A to fill in the extra credits I need to graduate in May. But I am starting to realize that the easy A might not be worth the painful boredom of sitting in this class twice a week. I finish up my shower faster than want and hurry along getting ready as the morning is going by quicker than I realized.

*

I stick my key in the lock of my apartment door sipping on the iced coffee I stopped for on my way to class. I feel mentally drained after having to put so much energy into staying awake in class, luckily it's the only class I have on Thursdays. I can smell the scrambled eggs cooking as soon as I walk into the apartment. Julies favorite hangover food, which I find disgusting. I will never understand how she can go out so much during the week and still have the time to go to work, finish all her school, and get enough sleep to function.

I walk into the kitchen and can't help but laugh to myself while taking in Julies disheveled appearance. The usual aftermath of her late nights out.

"Shut up," She groans at me. Glaring at me from her spot in front of the stove. She's pushing around her eggs with the spatula in her hand looking as though this small action is almost too much for her.

"I'm sorry, but you look pathetic" I laugh again not being able to hold in my amusement.

"Don't be a bitch, you're just jealous that I had a blast last night while all you did was write a paper." She snaps at me, but I can see the hint of a smile on her face so I know she's just messing with me.

"Alight alright," I say with my hands up in surrender not wanting to actually piss her off. I know better than to push too much when she's this hungover. I pull a barstool out from under the counter and take a seat across from her as she continues to cook her eggs.

"I was serious when I said you are coming out with us this weekend," she says. "We are going to this cool hipster club that just opened not that long ago. It's right down the road. It's a lot of fun. And I'm not really giving you a choice. So tomorrow night, we'll head out around ten." Her words rush out fast. I am assuming it's so I won't have the chance to interrupt her and make an excuse of why I will not be doing anything of the sort. I roll my eyes when she turns back around to flip her eggs.