Chapter 10

He sighs in return removing his forehead from mine but keeping his arms wrapped securely around my waist, his warm breath hits my cheek sending a shiver down my body and I notice how cold it is getting.

"We don't have to talk about it tonight." I say not meeting his eyes when he still doesn't respond. "But I need to go back inside it is freezing out here." I say dramatically as another breeze sends a shiver through my body.

"Can I come in?" He asks with a smirk tightening his arms around me.

"Harry," I say with an uneasy tone my fingers playing with his hair as I look up at him. This is not a good idea. If Julie sees him I have no idea what I would say.

"Please, I will behave. I don't want to leave yet." He whines and I try not to laugh at his desperation.

If I had any common sense I would say no but when it comes to him I already know I have none. He is staring at me smiling as he watches me break.

"Fine, but do not make a sound." I warn and he smiles bigger like he knew it would be that easy to get me to agree.

"Promise," He says with a serious face making me roll my eyes at him as I shove him and start to walk away. He smiles again and my knees feel weak.

He jogs to catch up to me and slips his hand into mine. The action seems simple and has been done multiple times by Sam tonight but its different this time and it sends the best kind of tingle throughout my whole body.

"I'm going to make sure Julie is in her room still. Stay here and don't make a sound, okay." I say sternly to Harry as we approach my front door.

"Damn you are bossy, you know that?" He says his tone light and his eyes full of humor.

"Oh shut up, and just stay here." I swat at him not being able to control my smile.

"Yes ma'am," he whispers sarcastically but I choose to ignore him.

I quietly open the front door leaving it open just enough to see Harry in the doorway and step into the apartment. Julie's bedroom is the first door on the left across from the kitchen and I can see a faint light on from under her door but it's completely quiet. I silently motion for Harry to follow me and he closes the door then tip toes dramatically making me bite my tongue to keep from laughing. As soon as he reaches me I grab his hand and pull him along after me towards my bedroom.

When we make it to my room I start to feel nervous dropping his hand as he steps inside and starts to look around shutting the door behind him. My room has always been my safe haven. My own space where I am free to be me. It has always been the place I feel most at peace and I rarely allow anyone to come in besides Julie. The walls are a generic off white like most apartments, but I covered them in shelves which hold more books than I will probably be able to read. Instead of a headboard I spent months searching and buying random artwork that I would come across all over town that I thought was special in some way and arranged it above my bed. I have two mismatched vintage wood nightstands on each side of my queen bed with lamps on them. The wall opposite of my bed has my tv hung in the middle with more shelves hung beneath it holding movies and music. Neither of us have said a word since we entered my room and Harry is still looking around staring at the books and then the artwork and I sit on my bed crossing my legs feeling strangely uncomfortable for the first time with him tonight.

He finally looks at me but I can't tell what he is thinking.

"It's not what I expected." He says softly with a slight smile finally breaking the silence.

"What did you expect?" I ask starting to regret letting him come in.

"I don't know really, just not this." He says, shrugging his shoulders gently.