Chapter 3

The third drink I had is giving me a confidence I normally wouldn't have talking to a guy as beautiful as him. His stare alone would have made me a mumbling mess by now. We've been standing here for what feels like forever, but really I know it's only been a minute. He hasn't walked away yet and I'm trying to think of something to say to keep the conversation going. I don't want him to walk away, but I can't think of anything to say to him. Lucky for me he breaks the silence so I don't have to.

"I really am sorry. Lucky for you, but not so much for me, I missed your white shirt." He says with a smirk. I would usually be offend by an inappropriate comment like that, but the smirk on his face and the alcohol in my system make me laugh in response.

"Can I buy you a drink to make up for it?" He asks still staring right at me and I can't seem to look away. His dark brown hair that he has now pushed back over his forehead makes his green eyes look so bright.

"That's okay, I've already had a few. I was actually planning on leaving soon," I respond forcing myself to look away from his intense stare.

"Leaving!? Already!? It's still early, I just got here!" He responds dramatically like it's the craziest thing he's heard. I can't help but laugh again at his response. Okay maybe the third drink was a bad idea.

"Well, I've been here for quite a while and as much fun as it is to watch drunk girls trip on the dance floor. I really need to head out soon," I say. When I hear him chuckle I can feel the giant grin take over my face.

"Come on! You can't hang out with me for just a bit?" He says smirking at me. His smile is making my insides melt. His tall figure has moved closer to me as we continue to talk over the loud noise in the crowded club. I can smell his cologne on his black T-shirt and it's intoxicating me more than the three drinks I have had.

"Actually I'm here with some friends who are probably wondering where I am so...," I trail off playing hard to get because I can tell he likes the game. I start to walk away from his intoxicating aroma secretly hoping he'll stop me.

"Wait!" He yells and gently wraps his large hand around my arm turning me to face him again. His hand is surprisingly warm and soft against my skin.

"Yes?" I smile to myself while turning to face him satisfied that my plan worked.

"Could I get your number then if you really are leaving," He says his giant grin returning, but his sounds less cocky than before. Maybe even nervous. He is still making direct eye contact with me and his gaze is so tense I feel like I can't breath for a minute.

"Harry!" I hear a familiar voice squeal from behind me ending whatever moment was just happening.

I turn just in time to see Julie running up to us and she collides into Harry wrapping her arms around his neck tightly. I watch his face as his smile fades for a minute almost as if he is disappointed to see her. But he recovers quickly as he hugs her back.

"Where have you been? I've been waiting for you to show up!" Julie says in a joking way, but I can tell she is actually serious.

Harry steps back from her, putting a little distance between them. She is staring at him with a small smile waiting for his answer. I am just about to sneak away as Harry opens his mouth to respond. But Julie notices me before I can escape.

"Allie!" She says surprised looking over at me. "I was just coming to look for you! Have you already met Harry?" She asks looking between the two of us genuinely curious.

"Umm yeah. Sort of. We kind of ran into each other when I was leaving the bathrooms." I say trying to force a laugh.

I decide to leave out the part about his drink spilling all over me and everything else that happened between then and now. There is definitely something going on between her and Harry. I'm not sure what exactly, because she's never mentioned him. And he didn't exactly ask me out, just for my number. So for right now I don't see the point in bringing it up. He looks at me a little surprised. I am assuming because I didn't say anything about him asking for my number two seconds ago, but he doesn't say a word.