Chapter 9

I'm pacing back and forth from one end of my room to the next feeling my anger and hurt building. I am so angry I am not sure what I am even mad about most anymore. The fact that he ruined my perfectly great evening with Sam or maybe the fact that he showed up there tonight with Julie. He had to know it would hurt me in the worst possible way or the fact that I hate that I wish it was me instead of her with him tonight. I hear the front door open and I pause for a minute praying she will not come to my room or worse that Harry is with her. The house is quiet then Julie's bedroom door closes and I sigh with relief returning to my pacing. My phone vibrates on the nightstand and I let my curiosity get the best of me as I go to check the message.

Harry: "I need to talk to you. Come outside."

I take a deep breath feeling like I want to scream and set my phone back down ignoring the text and continue my pacing. My phone rings and I keep pacing. Then it stops and starts up again and then again. Rushing over completely filled with rage I ignore his call slam my phone down and head for the front door.

I realize as I am greeted by the cold air that I am still in my pajama shorts and a T-shirt that I changed into but I am too angry to care. I stand at the edge of the parking lot crossing my arms over my chest searching for him in the dark realizing I don't even know what kind of car he drives when I see his figure getting out of an old white Volkswagen bug. Storming towards him and feeding into my anger so I say everything I want to I nearly scream, "What the hell do you want? Could you not tell by the fact that I ignored your calls I don't want to talk!"

He looks stunned by my outburst at first but quickly recovers.

"Why the fuck are you so pissed." He hisses back at me.

"Why am I so pissed!?!?" I say even louder than before clenching my hands into fist completely enraged at his dumb question. "How about the fact that you crashed my date with my best friend you asshole!" I say, my voice betraying me showing more hurt than anger this time.

"Why the hell do you care? You seemed to be having a great time with Sam." He says in a mocking tone that makes me want to slap him across the face.

"I was actually! Until you showed up and ruined everything," I say.

"How did I ruin everything I barely said two words to you." He says and I cannot decide if he really has no idea what he was doing to me, is doing to me, or if he is playing dumb just to piss me off more.

"You are kidding right!?! You thought you could show up with my best friend and make out with her right next to me and it wouldn't effect me?" I start out yelling like a lunatic but by the end I am trying to hold in the tears that are starting to well up.

His stance shifts and I can see the realization hitting him as his eyes leave mine and meet the ground.

"I wanted you to know what it was like." He says staring directly into my eyes standing close enough that if I reached out I could easily touch him.

"What it was like?" I question him confused at his response.

"Yeah, I wanted you to know what it felt like for me when you agreed to go out with Sam." He states showing no emotion.

I feel like the wind is knocked out of me at his response when it hits me he did this because I hurt him. Because my agreeing to go out with Sam hurt him. I step back slightly, the anger starting to disappear and replaced with hurt because I was right about his intentions all along. That tonight was a game for him. That he was intentionally trying to hurt me despite the fact that I tried to talk to him about it all week.

"I never wanted it this way," he says honestly when I don't respond.

"What the hell does that even mean!? You just admitted you showed up with Julie just to hurt me!!" I yell confused at his confession.