Chapter 21

My phone starts vibrating on my nightstand table as my alarm goes off, which means it's now six thirty in the morning. I continue to stare at the ceiling unaware for how long I have been awake now. It feels like I only slept for a few hours as my eyes continue to sting as I stare at the ceiling not making any moves to shut off my alarm. I keep trying to figure out how I got here. How Harry so easily slipped past every wall I built around myself these last few years. It has only been one month since I met him. I can't seem to wrap my head around how fast everything changed. One month ago I was content. Well I was as content as I ever was. I was just me, working, studying, and trying to decide what I am going to do in the Fall after graduation. That's what consumed my thoughts. Those are the things that filled my everyday life. But now, now my alarm is going off at 6:30am on a Sunday because I am essentially running away. Fleeing to D.C. and using my brother as an excuse. Running not just from Harry, but from everything. From the stress of finals that start next week. From the look on Julie's face last night. From the guilt I feel because of the horrible way I have treated Sam, when he did nothing to deserve it. From the suffocating thoughts of the future and zero plans on what to do with my life. I guess you could say I am running away from my life as a whole currently.

Despite the fact that it is morning and I should feel well rested I am more exhausted than ever as I lean over and shut off my alarm. I roll out of bed running my fingers through my messy hair then rubbing at my eyes hoping a strong coffee will be enough to keep me awake on the long drive to James's.

Grabbing my suitcase from under my bed I make my way over to my closet. I throw in a bunch of clothes, sweaters and jeans and scarfs because James texted saying it was still quite cold there. After I finish packing everything I will need for the next week I change into a pair of yoga pants and put Harry's hoodie back on not bothering to do my makeup seeing as I will be spending most of the day in my car alone. I crack my door open peeking out to make sure Julie is still asleep before I make my way to the front door and out of our little apartment.

The roads are practically deserted this early in the morning as I drive through town. The weather outside matches my mood, the sky is filled with grey clouds and a light rain falls on and off creating a rhythmic tapping on my windshield. I have always loved driving alone. It always sends me into my own little world as my music plays and my mind begins to wander.

* 1 Week Earlier *

Loosing interest in my textbook I've been reading for the last 15 minutes I glance over at Harry next to me on the couch. He is deeply focused on whatever he is working on, on his laptop. His eyebrows furrowed together creating a small crease in his forehead. His bottom lip pulled between his teeth, as his eyes continue to scan the screen in front of him. I swear I have never seen anyone as effortlessly beautiful as him.

"Stop staring at me." His deep voice rings out with a chuckle, while his eyes stay focused on his laptop.

"I'm not." I defend, a small smile stretching across my face as I continue to stare at him.

"Yes you are," he says, quickly turning his attention towards me.

My cheeks heat as his eyes meet mine and a smile forms on his face making his deep dimple pop.

"See," he states smirking at me, "staring."

I close my book and set it on the table in front of me. I cross my legs and turn so I am facing him. "I can't study anymore my brain hurts," I say changing the subject.