16: power manipulation

The people who were sitting the closest to Jisung - Younghyun, some of said boy's friends, Seungmin, Jeongin and Woong - had heard that, and when they saw Jisung quickly stand up, the phone still on his ear while he was he was heading to the exit, some of them followed him.

Others followed him too, but Jisung was too focused on what Minhyun was telling him to notice.

Before leaving, Jisung quickly noticed his leather jacket laying on the floor, and he went to grab it but another person was faster than him.

"Here you have."

It was Minho.

Jisung felt like his heart was about to explode.

So many things were going through his head at that moment, that he even began to feel sick.

"Jisung?"

"Minhyun?"

He heard the other boy breathe heavily on the other side of the line.

Jisung exited the house, some of his friends following him. They weren't going to leave him alone in the streets at 4 am.

"What did even happen?" Jisung said, almost yelled, tears beginning to form in his eyes.

"I- I don't know, we had f-fallen asleep on the couch when he suddenly started to shake uncontrollably, and i-it was so weird... There was even lightning coming out of him, and sometimes he even turned invisible... He started to cry, saying it hurt and that he didn't know what was happening, and he fell unconscious."

"That's very weird." Jisung said. "I'm on my way. You're in the hospital right?"

Jisung's slurred words, and the long time he took in between them, weirded Minhyun out.

"Wait. You're not drunk, right?"

Jisung giggled.

"W-what makes you think that?"

"Oh my god you're drunk."

"So what? Just tell me where you're at..."

As Minhyun replied, he felt something warm in his free hand, making him look up at the person next to him.

It was just Hyunjin.

"Is everything alright?" he asked, and that triggered something inside Jisung, who began to cry uncontrollably.

Minhyun, still on the phone, began saying something, perhaps to comfort the younger boy, but Jisung couldn't hear anything but his own sobs. Hyunjin, who heard Minhyun's voice coming out of Jisung's phone, softly grabbed it to speak with his older brother while he tried his best to help Jisung.

Somehow, Jisung finally arrived to the hospital room Sungwoon was in. With his eyes still teary, he turned around to look at aĺl of his friends who had accompanied him.

Hyunjin had obviously come, Jeongin standing next to him. Then there was Seungmin, who was talking with Jinyoung. Not far from them, Jihoon had already sat down and was sleeping. Jisung also saw Woojin talking with Hyungseob, and Minho.

Why did he come? Did he really come for him? Or maybe because Jeongin is there?

Trying not to think about it much, he knocked on Sungwoon's door, and a few seconds after was met by Minhyun. The boy looked tired, and his eyes were teary. He muttered a soft 'Come in', and Jisung stepped inside of the room, closing the door behind him.

He saw his brother laying on the bed, and the sight made him even sadder. Sungwoon was connected to so many tubes that Jisung lost the count of them. Where they even needed? He wondered if the doctors even knew what was happening to him.

The following morning, Jisung woke up sitting in front of Sungwoon's bed, his head resting on the older's soft yet cold hand. Minhyun was nowhere to be seen.

"Finally you woke up, I began to think my hand would explode with you laying on it."

Jisung jumped out of his seat and began jumping around as he yelled out 'Fuck, you startled me!'

Sungwoon just grinned, as Jisung calmed down and sat down again. Only then he noticed that Sungwoon didn't have as many tubes as yesterday. Was the alcohol the reason why he thought he had more? Only then he realised how much his head hurt and he groaned in pain.

"I have such a hangover..." he said, making Sungwoon grin again. "Anyways, this isn't about me. How are you? What happened?"

"I made some research while you were sleeping." He said, showing his phone on his other hand. "It took me so freaking long, because my power wasn't listed in S.A.C's list of possible powers."

"Your power?"

"Let me finish!" Sungwoon complained. "So, I began to look instead for my symptoms on the internet, and after a long while I found out I have an extremely unusual ability called power manipulation. That means I can learn, create, and change any power I want."

Jisung's mouth widened in surprise.

"Hyung that's so cool! You could become an avenger now and fight alongside Iron Man and Captain America..."

"You haven't heard the best part."

"What is it?"

"It's hereditary. If I have it, my siblings will have it too."