23: false alarm

(Sorry, I couldn't upload last week, had some issues with my internet connection... so to make it up for you here's a double update! I also haven't re-read it yet so I'm sorry for any mistakes you could find!)

"This sucks." Hyunjin said, as he laid down on the bench while staring at his phone.

Why did that person need Jisung? Maybe Minho was right and Sungwoon was the one being targeted.

Hyunjin had a very difficult decision to make. Betray Jisung and get his brother and Jeongin back, or betray those two and keep Jisung safe instead?

But no matter how he thought of it, his conclusion was that he couldn't betray Jisung. The boy had been with him ever since they were children. They had their fights, but still remained close. But he also couldn't hurt Yunseong and Jeongin. If only Seungmin was there to help him...

"Oh my god." Hyunjin whispered to himself, suddenly realising something. "What if..."

Just as he thought that, Seungmin came back, his phone in his hand, as he smiled at Hyunjin.

"Any luck?" He said, trying to sit next to Hyunjin, but the boy quickly stood up and grabbed Seungmin by his collar.

"It's you!"

"Wait, what?!"

"You are the one who just called me! You have Yunseong and Jeongin! Where are they!?"

"What are you even talking about?!"

"Don't play dumb! You even still have your phone in your hand!"

"I just messaged Jisung! Asking him if they had found them!" Seungmin said, turning his phone on and showing him his conversation with Jisung.

Hyunjin weakened his hold on Seungmin's collar as he sat down again.

"I-I'm sorry. I just-"

"It's okay Hyunjin. Besides, I have news."

"What news?"

"My soulmate mark. It's not there anymore."

Hyunjin was confused for a few seconds, until Seungmin showed him his wrists.

"I don't understand what happened? How can a mark disappear just like that?"

"It's this stupid flawed system." Hyunjin said, boiling with anger. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Maybe I'm not meant to find my soulmate, or have cool powers like all of you." Seungmin said, taking a seat next to Hyunjin.

The atmosphere suddenly turned into a sad one, and it began to rain.

"Oh my god, really?" Seungmin said, as Hyunjin smiled weakly.

"Seungmin?"

"Yes?"

"A private number just called me. They said they have Yunseong and Jeongin."

"What?"

"They also told me that if I give them Jisung they will give me them back."

"WHAT?!"

"STOP SAYING WHAT AND HELP ME OUT, DUMBASS." Hyunjin said, as he kept getting soaked with rain.

"Okay okay! Maybe you shoul-"

"Guys!" The two heard Jisung shout as he ran towards them. "It's raining! Why are you sitting there?"

He approached them and ruffled their now wet hair while grinning.

"What? Are you two going to keep on sitting there while staring at me? Come on, we need to go!"