26. just minsung being cute

me: i'll update before this week ends!!!

also me: *doesn't update in months*

i'm genuinely sorry! college is taking up most of my time. i hope this double update helps make up for it! (and since we're entering winter holidays soon, i'll be able to update more <3)

It had been a few weeks since Minho and Jisung first went out together. As it turns out, Jisung was a born singer and ended up winning the noraebang with ridiculously high scores. (Or maybe, Minho just let him win because he loved hearing the younger boy sing. We'll never know.)

After that, the two met up even more frequently, getting closer. Hyunjin would even joke about it, telling Jisung he started to feel betrayed.

Jinnie
I'm your best friend. Right?

Jisung
Of course????
What even is this question???
And why are you asking me
this every single day???

Jinnie
Nothing. Just making sure :)

a few minutes later

Hyunjin
[screenshot sent]
get on my level, peasant

Minho
STOP

But, weirdly enough, Hyunjin also heavily supported the two.

Jinnie
Will I get to be the ring bearer?

Jisung
What???

Jinnie
In your wedding with Minho, I mean

Jisung
CAN YOU STOP ISTG

///

"So, what are you going to do about it?" Changbin whispered, while him and Minho walked back home from school.

"Why are you whispering? Still haven't gotten used to the sonic scream?"

"It's hard, okay?" Changbin complained as Minho grinned.

"And, what am I going to do about what? You'll have to be a little more specific here."

"About Jisung. You two might be soulmates? When are you going to ask him about it?"

"I don't know, Changbin. What if he feels uncomfortable with it? What if I lose him?"

Changbin scoffed.

"What if I lose him??" He said, imitating Minho. "You won't, you dumbass. Aren't you going to meet him right now? Ask."

Minho didn't reply, seriously considering doing it.

"I'm not sure if it's safe to follow your advice, Changbin."

"EXCUSE ME??? I GIVE VERY GOOD ADVICE, YOU'RE JUST A BRAT WHO DOESN'T APPRECIATE IT!"

And there it was. His sonic scream.

"I'm so sorry." Changbin kept on apologizing as they arrived to his house.

"It's okay. I'm probably permanently deaf now but it's okay!" Minho complained, as he dramatically covered his ears.

Changbin was about to scream again but thought against it. He decided to just clearly roll his eyes and enter his house, waving Minho goodbye.

//

"Ah, poor Minnie..." Jisung said, grinning, as Minho complained to him about Changbin. He noticed the blush that appeared on the older's face when he said that, but decided to ignore it. "Is your hearing good enough to watch a movie with me?"

Minho nodded as Jisung opened the TV. They ended up watching a random movie he found on Netflix, but barely paid attention to it. The two boys felt extremely sleepy, so they cuddled up under a blanket, Minho resting his head on Jisung's shoulder and quickly falling asleep.

Jisung, however, simply stared at Minho, ocassionaly carressing his hair when he felt like it. He really liked him. It took a while for him to admit it, though.

Ever since he got heartbroken because of Yanan, that he refused to fall for someone else. He also felt like he was unworthy of being loved. But with Minho, it was different. It didn't feel one-sided. It wasn't like it used to be with Yanan, Jisung actively chasing after him as the older boy ignored him.

With Minho, he felt safe. Cherished. Loved, even.

Maybe he only loved him the same way Hyunjin did, as a friend, but for Jisung it was enough.

Jisung then noticed Minho's mark. He had never seen it before, only heard about it, so seeing his birthday so clearly tatooed on the older boy's skin made him blush. And then he looked at his own mark, it being Minho's birthday.

Maybe the boy was, indeed, his soulmate. What if he had finally found him?

Deciding to let Minho sleep peacefully, he turned off the TV, suddenly seeing himself reflected on it's now black screen. Except, that he wasn't there. It was only Minho.

After a second Jisung could see himself again, but that was enough to make him freak out. He carefully stood up, trying not to wake Minho up, and ran to Sungwoon's bedroom, barging in even though he knew Minhyun was there.

Luckily, they were just laying on Sungwoon's bed, looking at something on his phone.

"Hyung!" Jisung said, jumping on the bed and making his brother groan. "I turned invisible!"

"Wait. What?" Sungwoon said, clearly confused but slowly taking in what was Jisung trying to tell him.

"Yes! I couldn't see my reflection on the TV! It was so scary! Do you think it's possible I might have your power?"

Before Sungwoon could reply though, Jisung fell unconscious on his arms.

Don't worry, Jisung's fine, haha. You'll find out in the next chapter! ♡