Two Old Friends

~~STEVE

I was with Sharon as we walked into the hotel, I needed someone to talk to in order to get my mind off of everything that was going on this past few weeks and after seeing Ellie my mind has been spinning.

"My mom tried to talk me out of enlisting but, not Aunt Peggy. She brought me my first thigh holster." Sharon replied while we moved down the long hallway until we made our way to the elevators.

"Very practical." I answered keeping both of my arms draped across my lower back until we got to the elevators.

"And stylish." She smiled I returned a smile until I could see Ellie in her face, they had the same smile and it made my heart slightly sink in my stomach.

"CIA has you stationed over here now?" I wondered hoping to shake off everything I was feeling at the moment.

"In Berlin, Joint Terrorism Task Force." She answered I nodded tightening my grips onto both of my hands on my backside.

"Right, right. Sounds fun." I exclaimed watching her lower her face from me then give me a soft nod of her head agreeing with my statement. There was an awkward silence between us now and I knew I needed to ask. "I've been meaning to ask you. When you were spying on me from across the hall..."

"You mean when I was doing my job." She reminded giving a soft laugh which I returned it back to her.

"Did Peggy know?" I asked watching her smile slightly fade as she looked down for a moment then she looked back up at me.

"She kept so many secrets. I didn't want her to have one from you." She answered just as the elevator arrived next to us and the doors slowly slid open. She walked in while I turned to look at her as she pressed her floor. "Thanks for walking me back."

"Sure." I nodded before I saw Sam appear at the corner of my eye making his way towards me and Sharon stopped the elevator to look at us. He looked like something bad had happened due to the look on his face.

"Steve...there's something you gotta see." Sam replied Sharon and I followed him until ended up in a CIA safe house. Before me was a TV that had a breaking news bulletin on the screen. My eyes went wide as I could see destruction of the building where the UN meeting was being held for the Accords staring me back in my face. Sharon got onto her phone trying to figure out any information while I stared blankly at the screen.

"A bomb hidden in a news van ripped through the UN building in Vienna. More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of two possible suspects who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier and Eleanor Jane Carter, Nightshade. The two infamous HYDRA agents that are linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations." the television explained causing my stomach to tighten inside my chest.

"I have to go to work." Sharon answered but I was so in tuned to the news that I didn't even try to listen to her. This was impossible...Ellie was just with me a day ago and I doubted Bucky would go back into assassinations especially after what happened a few months ago. I was also worried about Natasha since I knew she was going to be there as I moved out of the building grabbing my ball cap placing it onto my head and slipped on my sunglasses once I entered the public. I pulled out my phone from my pocket dialing her number and prayed she was going to pick up.

"Yeah?" Natasha's voice replied after a few short dial tones relieving me from the fear that something happened to her.

"You alright?" I asked looking around to make sure no one was eavesdropping from my conversation.

"Ah, yeah thanks I got lucky. Look I know how much Barnes and Carter means to you. I really do. Stay home. You'll only make this worse. For all of us. Please." She exclaimed since she knew that I was going to go find Ellie and Bucky in hopes to figure out what happened.

"Are you saying you'll arrest me?" I asked moving down the street now to where I left Sam standing when I left the building.

"No...someone will. If you interfere. That's how it works now." Natasha answered I swallowed sharply bracing my fingers to my face.

"If they are this far gone, Nat, I should be the one to bring them in." I exclaimed seeing Sam sitting at a nearby coffee shop as I made my way to him.

"Why?" she asked I stopped by the entrance of the coffee shop, she still didn't understand why I needed to do this.

"Because I'm the one least likely to die trying." I answered hanging up entering the coffee shop and made my way over to Sam.

"She tell you to stay out of it? She might have a point." Sam pointed out as I turned my eyes to him but he could tell by my expression that I wasn't backing down.

"They would do it for me." I reminded watching Sam turn back to look at me giving me a look to tell me that wasn't true.

"1945, maybe. I just want to make sure we considered all our options. The people that shoot at you usually wind up shooting me." Sam answered before I could say anything I saw Sharon step up next to me causing me to freeze slightly.

" Sam answered before I could say anything I saw Sharon step up next to me causing me to freeze slightly

               "Tips have been pouring in since that footage went public. Everybody thinks the Winter Soldier and Nightshade goes to their gym. Most of its noise. Except for this." Sharon began sliding a small file towards me which I picked up to look through, it showed me the most recent location of Bucky and Ellie's last known whereabouts due to a Quinjet beacon went off the other day. The same Quinjet that Ellie and Bucky must've used it to escape from Washington D.C. six months ago. "My boss expects a briefing, pretty much now...so that's all the head start you're gonna get."              

"Thank you, Sharon." I answered watching her nod as I turned to Sam who decided to follow behind me now.

"And you're gonna have to hurry. We have orders to shoot on sight." She warned I nodded leaving the coffee shop, this was my only chance to save them and I had to get there before the rest of CIA does.

~~Uh oh Bucky and Ellie are in trouble now, hope Steve can save them before it's too late.~~