CRYO CHAMBERS

~~STEVE

Ellie's blue eyes were filled with confusion as I stood up moving to the side of the room looking out the big window in front of me. The beautiful Wakanda city was in my view when I heard Ellie shuffle a small bit behind me.

"What are you talking about Steve?" she asked I tightened my eyes closed for a moment then I opened them again turning to look at her

"I know that you don't remember the past El but I do

"I know that you don't remember the past El but I do...I remember the first day we met when you came into that alleyway and kicked those guys asses to save me. I remember you giving me the chance to join the army, I remember you convincing Dr. Erskine to give me the serum and turn me into Captain America. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be who I am today. You did so much for me...you defied orders in order to help me save Bucky from HYDRA...you risked everything for me then I threw it all away when I kissed Private Lorraine. I broke your heart and before I got a chance to fix it you died...Then I lost Bucky...I thought when I crashed into the ocean that day that I wouldn't have to deal with the pain of losing you both but then I was unfrozen. I was a man out of time and I had to live with the loss and pain again. Then I saw you two...you were alive...you both were alive and I thought I was given another chance to fix my mistake. I knew once I managed to save both Bucky and you from HYDRA I would have you both back...I would have my best friend and the girl I loved back. But I don't." I exclaimed feeling the pain hit with every breath that I took into my chest, Ellie looked helpless and speechless. "You and Bucky are here...you both are standing right before me but you aren't the same. I feel like I am staring at two ghosts...two ghosts of my former friends and who you both were is not the same of who you both are now. Though I wasn't going to give up...I wasn't going to stop until I found a way to bring the old Ellie back but now I know she's gone. You were under those commands...and everything I said...everything I tried didn't work. Then I saw it...only Bucky could stop you...Bucky was the only one who could get through to you. And what Zemo said made sense. He pinned you against Bucky and I to prove who loved you more...who you loved more and it was Bucky's love that was strong enough to bring you back."

"Steve..." she started when I shook my head at her silencing her as she tightened her lips back together.

"And it's okay...I think I always knew that it would be Bucky...I don't mean because in the past he always got the girls...I mean by what I saw these past few weeks. He was willing to do anything and everything he could to protect you...you two were both together for 75 years and even though you were both brainwashed I could see you both cared about each other. You two were each other's last key to your humanities...the only person the other could rely on...and I think I am making the right decision by letting you go." I exclaimed seeing the tears form into his eyes as I stood up now moving towards him until we stood only a few feet from him. His fingers wiped the fallen tears and we locked eyes again. "It's okay...I think I found someone else to be with...I'm just happy that Bucky won't be alone. Just promise me...promise me you'll take care of him."

"I promise Steve..." she smiled I returned it until I heard Bucky's voice coming down the hall behind us and Ellie turned to see him making his way to her. I stepped away seeing the two of them embrace...I will admit it pained me to watch this but I knew I was making the right decision. "Are you okay?"

"Other than a few bruises and can't feel my left arm I'm okay

"Other than a few bruises and can't feel my left arm I'm okay." He chuckled which she let out a small laugh herself.

"I know what you mean...I can't feel my right arm." She smiled while he laughed again, it was great to see the both of them smiling and laughing again.

"I still don't get that joke

"I still don't get that joke." I answered interrupting the two of them seeing them both look over at me then then just smirked.

"So what happens now? We getting extradited and arrested again?" Ellie asked looking over at me while Bucky held her by her lower waist.

"Actually no..." a voice replied behind us as we all turned to see it was Prince T'Challa looking at the three of us.

"What do you mean?" Ellie wondered when Prince T'Challa took a step into the room with both of his arms crossed behind his backside.

"I know it wasn't either of you who killed my father as for the government they won't find you both here and even if they did they couldn't take you both from this place even if they wanted too. You...Agent Carter and Sergeant Barnes are safe here...I am granting you both sanctuary here." Prince T'Challa exclaimed giving us a small smile on his face until I saw relief hit both of my friends' faces.

"But that doesn't change the other issue...with everything HYDRA programmed it's still inside us. Anyone who could get their hands on that book or anyone who accidentally says any of the code words even when they don't know it can flip the switch again. We could endanger innocent people here...it's not safe." Bucky explained I saw Ellie nod yes to his response when T'Challa smiled again.

"I may have a solution to that problem

"I may have a solution to that problem. But it's both of your decisions." Prince T'Challa answered we all turned to look at one another before our gaze turned back to him. Soon we followed him out of the room until he stopped by a big window as we looked into it I saw two chambers sitting in the middle of the room.              

"Is that...?" Ellie began when Prince T'Challa responded with a small nod as I saw Bucky's brow twitch a small bit.

"Two Cryo-chambers...for you two go back under." Prince T'Challa answered I think I was the only one baffled by this because there was no emotion coming from either Ellie or Bucky.

~~First Steve let her go that was so heartbreaking and second are they gonna go back under? Well this was a whirl wind.~~