Consequences

~~STEVE

Sam, Prince T'Challa and I were sitting in the back of a police van while the police convoy brought us back to the CIA base that was located in Berlin. Turning I saw the armored gray truck following behind us; Bucky and Ellie were both inside there and they were probably heavily guarded.

"So, you like cats?" Sam asked finally breaking the long silence as I turned back forward with annoyance in my stare.

"Sam..." I answered watching him look at me then he turned back to Prince T'Challa who was ahead the both of us.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?" Sam wondered that was true but this wasn't the time or the place to be asking these types of questions.

               "Your suit...it's Vibranium?" I replied remembering the gunfire from the roof deflected the bullets just like my shield usually did.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda of generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friends murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you....as both warrior and king....how long do you think you can keep your friends safe from me?" T'Challa exclaimed as my heart sunk slightly, he was after Ellie and Bucky because of what happened in Vienna though I believed my friends when they said they weren't there. I saw we were heading underground now until the vehicle stopped and were pulled out of the vehicle. Nearby I saw a forklift carrying Bucky and Ellie who were back to back in a pod and they were being brought to an unknown location. Turning forward I saw Sharon and a gray head man making their way towards us.

"What's gonna happen to them?" I asked watching the gray hair man stop turning his hard gaze to me and had both hands across his lower back.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." The gray haired man answered as I saw the pod vanish down the hallway when the pod stopped by a room nearby.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon introduced my eyes went towards her then they narrowed back onto the grey haired man.

"What about our lawyer?" I asked seeing the grey haired man start to laugh underneath his breath to my question.

"Lawyer...? That's funny... See that their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt." Ross answered starting to walk away with Sharon remaining behind to fill out the paper work.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam pointed out watching the agents moving away with our weapons be moved to an unknown area. Looking back to the pod I locked eyes with Ellie across the way she had her eyes locked onto me, they were filled with anger and sadness.

"It's funny

"It's funny...I heard stories about my Great Aunt Eleanor. I never thought I would see her in my life yet alone be detaining her for the crimes of her being the notorious HYDRA assassin Nightshade." Sharon explained next to me staring at her Great Aunt in the pod, Ellie was a stranger to Sharon and Sharon was a stranger to Ellie. Soon the guards gave us a slight shove to move forward to follow Ross into an unknown area.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favor, stay in it?" Ross ordered making his way to another area leaving Sam, Prince T'Challa, Sharon and I in an office like area.               

"I don't intend on going anywhere." Prince T'Challa explained just as Natasha appeared in front of us with both arms crossed against her chest.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." Natasha reminded giving me her average 'I told you so' look as I responded with a head shake.

"They're alive." I answered seeing Tony in the office area on the phone with someone I didn't know who.

"No...Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising the cleanup right now." Tony replied on his phone to the person that he was talking about and his back was still towards me.

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Natasha answered leaning on the glass table ahead of us while I plopped into the chair.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you sir." Tony replied hanging up his phone rubbing his eyes with his one hand and turned to look at me.

"Consequences?" I wondered watching him look up at me with pain and annoyance in his dark brown eyes.

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony answered with annoyance in his voice being the most recognizable.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" I asked watching tony close his eyes again then I turned to look at Natasha next to me.

"Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too." Natasha answered looking at both Sam, who was behind me and then back to me.

"That's cold." Sam replied crossing his arms against his chest while I turned my eyes to him then back forward.

"Warmer than jail." Tony answered calmly after a few breathing techniques while I lowered my head slightly in defeat.

~~Another few filler chapters heading this way before the action begins again. Maybe I'll post the next part too later, I'll think about it. ;)~~