Let Them Try

~~STEVE

Bucky and Ellie were now standing in front of the two Cryo-chambers; I could tell that they were both in the midst of being unsure of what to do.

"You know...you both don't have to do this right?" I reminded breaking the silence between the three of us as they both turned to look at me.

"Steve...we can't trust our own minds..." Ellie began giving me a sincere smile when I saw Bucky nod at the corner of my eye.

"She's right...until they find a way to get this stuff out of our heads. Going back under is the best thing...for everybody." Bucky finished I knew they were both right as I gave them both a small nod before taking a step back. I saw Bucky and Ellie press their lips against one another before they entered the chambers that were across from the others. I watched the doctors strapped the both of them in as I saw Ellie's gaze turn to me, she flashed me a small smile in hopes to tell me that everything will be okay and I gave her one back. I saw Prince T'Challa move up next to me while the doctors began to program the chambers.

"Thank you for this...for helping them." I smiled watching Prince T'Challa nod while I watched the frost fill up the chambers as Bucky mouthed 'I love you' to Ellie and she responded with 'I love you too'. The frost made its way to their faces as they closed their eyes and the chamber froze them both.

"Your friends and my father, they were victims. If I can help them find peace..." Prince T'Challa started when I turned my gaze onto him as we both moved to another window that looked out at the city.

"You know...when the government figures out that they are here they'll come for them. Are you sure that you can protect them?" I wondered watching Prince T'Challa look over at me with a look on his face that reassured me that they were safe.

"Let them try..." Prince T'Challa snickered I smiled turning back to the city seeing tall stone panther statues all around the facility we were in. There was no way that the government could get them, they were both safe. "You made the right decision...letting her go. A man who really loves someone knows when to let them go."

"I know...it still hurts though." I answered watching Prince T'Challa nod at my response almost like he knew how it felt.

"It will...it will for a long time...but in time that pain will subside." Prince T'Challa smiled I turned to look at him sighing softly.

"For 75 years I lived with this pain...I lived with the thought that I lost them and now that I found them again I need to find something else to push me to fight. My fight isn't over yet...I have a feeling it's just getting started." I answered looking back at the chamber room then back at Prince T'Challa who was looking at me with concern now on his face.

" I answered looking back at the chamber room then back at Prince T'Challa who was looking at me with concern now on his face

~~One more part and an Author Note left that I will release later stay tuned for that.~~