Late

~~STEVE

We knew we had to get to Siberia before the shrink used Ellie to activate the other Winter Soldiers and unleash them onto the world. It was hard enough to face Bucky and Ellie two years ago, adding four more along with a brainwashed Ellie was suicide. Right now I was driving a Volkswagen bug that I stole with Sam in the passenger seat and Bucky in the back seat. I contacted a friend for help while Sam tried to get more information out of Bucky in the back.              

"How does Ellie have the code? Didn't the two of you get your brains wiped a lot?" Sam asked I turned my gaze to him with a small look of annoyance which he shrugged like he wanted to know.

"It's the metal arm...the frequency that ignite at the tips of our fingers allows access to the room. They programmed our arms with that capability if we ever wanted to release them on the rest of the planet." Bucky explained I lowered my eyes for a moment then drove through the underpass to the meeting location.

"Guess we should've chopped your arms off then." Sam answered I snapped my head to him giving him another look which he just rolled his eyes at me.

"If he opens the chambers then he won't need Ellie anymore." Bucky added I looked at his face through the rear view mirror seeing sadness fill his face.

"You think he'll kill her?" I asked watching Bucky lift his eyes to look at me from the mirror and I could tell that this was really bothering him.

"If she happens to break through the commands...he may send the soldiers at her. She can hold her own against them but they will over power her and they'll tear her apart." Bucky answered sadly I felt my heart tighten up as I pressed the gas to go a bit faster. Soon I stopped in front of a regular vehicle exiting and left Bucky with Sam to meet up with my contact. Exiting the vehicle showed it was Sharon who could only shake her head at the appearance of my vehicle.

"Not sure you understand the concept of a getaway car." Sharon replied I sighed looking over at the vehicle seeing both Sam and Bucky looking at me.

"It's low profile." I answered watching her shake her head at me like she was disagreeing with me on that. "Good, because this stuff tends to draw a crowd." She pointed out opening her trunk to reveal my shield, Sam's wings, Bucky's and Ellie's backpacks.

"I owe you again." I smiled watching her take a small step in front of me before looking over my shoulder, her eyes locked onto Bucky who was staring blankly at her like he didn't recognize her from earlier.

"Keeping a list...you know he kinda tried to kill me." Sharon reminded pointing at Bucky while I gave her an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, I'll put it on the list, too. They're going to come looking for you." I answered watching her take another step towards me with a smile on her face.

"I know." She smiled taking another step towards me while I felt like I was hesitating but I knew that I wanted to do this.

"Thank you Sharon." I whispered before I found myself leaning forward pressing my lips onto hers which she happily returned. Kissing her felt right but it also felt wrong once I broke away from her smiling at her.