Chapter 7

Y/n's POV

"'Cause you're fine. And you're mine, and you look so divine." A familiar voice echoed through the room.
"Come and get your love." Another voice sang along. "Come and get your love."
I slowly sat up and looked around the unfamiliar room.
"Good morning Y/n." The man said. His back was towards me as he worked at the table on the other side of the room.
"Uh-morning?" I said with a tone of confusion.
"I'm sorry but who are you?"
The man turned around with a look of bewilderment. "Who am I?" He questioned with wide eyes. "You don't know who I am?"
"No. Should I?"
"I'm a genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist." He said.
"A what?"
"I'm Iron Man!" He yelled with frustration.
"Who?"
"Tony Stark? Stark Industries? Doesn't ring a bell?"
"No." I exclaimed.
"Wow you really are an alien." He mumbled under his breath. "Your friend, Peter-"
"Yeah. I know Peter." I interrupted.
"He brought you in here. Said you collapsed but you couldn't go to a hospital so he brought you here."
"And where is here exactly?"
"Well currently you're at the Avengers base."
"The Avengers?"
"God you ask to many questions Kid." He mumbled again. "Team of Earths mightiest heroes. But of course you wouldn't know that as you aren't from around here. Anyways, Peter's been waiting for you to wake up. Want me to send him in?"
"Uh yeah, please." Mr. Stark nodded and opened up the door. As he walked out, Peter took his place.
"Hey Y/n." He said with a smile. His eyes shimmered in the late and his bright red cheeks could be seen from the other side of the room.
"Hi Pete." I answered as he made his way over.
"How're you feeling?"
"I-I'm alright. Say Peter, how long was I out?"
"A little over two weeks." Peter paused and looked at his hands. "Do you remember what happened before you passed out?"
"Well, I was fixing my watch so I could...uh...I had to fix it. But something must have shocked me. I heard this voice." I tried to explain.
"What kind of voice? Who's voice?"
"I-I don't know. It just said 'Protect the boy' and then I...you know."
"Yeah." Peter mumbled. "It's just odd. First the dream and now you're hearing voices. It just doesn't add up."
The two of us sat in silence for a few moments before I spoke up. "What all have I missed?"
"Nothing much really. The apartment has been really quiet without you and school has been just as boring. But Prom is in two weeks so that's pretty exciting."
"What's Prom?" I questioned.
"It's a dance. Usually you go with a date. There's usually some kind of theme and dancing and games." Peter explained.
"That sounds neat." I said with a smile.
"Maybe we could uh-" Peter started.
"Did you miss me?" Mr. Stark said. He looked at the two of us as we wore our confused expressions.
"Never mind." He mumbled. "While you were knocked out Y/n, I played with your watch a little. Made a few minor upgrades. No need to find them now. You'll probably figure it out later."
"Thank you Mr. Stark." I said as he handed me the watch. "Oh and I found your playlist and put it on this cassette tape. Figured you would enjoy this." He said. He handed me an old Walkman. Much like the one Quill owned.
"Thanks." I said with a smile.
After Peter and Mr. Stark left, I slid the headphones over my ears and pressed play.
"Come and get your love." The voice sang.
"Come and get your love." As the song played, my mind wandered with memories of the Guardians, the only family I've ever had.
But suddenly, the music disappeared and the room was left silent. I looked down at the Walkman but it still showed it was playing. A loud ringing filled my ears before a bolt of pain shot trough my spine. I gripped onto the bed with one hand and slapped my hand to my mouth with the other, trying my best not to scream.
Then the voice spoke again.
"Protect the boy." It said. "Whatever it takes."