Chapter 12

The next two weeks had flown by. Both Peter and I patrolled the streets every night. Yet, for some odd reason, no one from the Serpent Society has appeared since we had caught Asp.
Or, to be fair, since Steve and Bucky has caught Asp.
The only thing Peter and I have gotten to do are stop burglaries and break up a couple of fights.
But other than that, life on Earth felt pretty normal. But honestly, I'm not enjoying as much as I thought I would. With all of the stories Quill has told me, it just seems different then what I imagined. But maybe it's just because he's not here with me.

I sat on my bed, fiddling with my watch, listening to the old messages from Quill, Rocket, and all the other Guardians.
"Y/n." A soft voice whispered as they knocking on my door.
"Peter?"
"Hey Y/n."
"What are you going up? It's past midnight." I noted.
"I could ask you the same thing." He said, leaning up against the doorframe.
"Can I help you Peter?" I questioned.
"You can help me by suiting up." He said before walking back to his room. I stared at the closed door for a moment before slipping on my suit and pressing on my mask.
I peered out of the window and saw Peter sitting on the fire escape. "Hey Pete." I said with a smile. Peter gave a slight jump making a laugh escape my lips.
"Sorry. Sorry." Peter laughed along. "Ready to go?"
"Where are we going exactly?" I questioned.
"You'll just have to wait and see." Peter insisted. I rolled my eyes after Peter spoke. He reached out his hand for me to hold.
"Do you trust me?" Peter asked with a smile.
"Yeah. I do." I smiled in return.
"Then follow me." Peter continued. He shot a web and fly off. I quickly followed behind.

The stars were shining as we flew through the city. It seemed as though time was slowly down. The streets had become quiet and still.
Peter and I arrived at the top of a familiar building.
"Do you recognize where we are?" Peter asked.
"Yeah. I remember sitting down on the ledge of this building, dangling my legs off the side. It was the first place I went when I arrived on Earth. It's also-"
"Where we first met?" Peter finished.
"Yeah." I said with a smile.
Peter and I both took off our masks and sat down on the ledge of the building.
As we admired the city below and the stars shining above, I slowly felt the touch of a hand linger onto mine.
Peter's hand intertwined with mine. I scooted closer to him until I was able to lean my head into his shoulder. We sat there for a few moments before Peter spoke.
"Y/n?"
"Yeah Pete?"
"You know that thing I've been trying to ask you, but every time to try, we get interrupted?"
"Yeah." I said sitting back up, but keeping my hand in his.
"Well, I kept trying to find spontaneous ways to ask you, but then I realized, it just needs to be special." Peter stood up, gently helping up. He stood in front of me, both of my hands in his.
"Y/n, will you go to Prom with me?" Peter asked. A smile immediately grew across my cheeks.
"Of course." I squealed. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his torso. He laughed as he spun me around.
As the rain began to pore, we stood there in each other's arms, as if there was nothing untoward the word that could stand in our way.

The two of us flew back to our building, landing on top of it. I jumped down to our fire escape and looked back up, letting the rain hit my face.
"You coming Peter?"
"I'll be down in a second." He yelled back. He slid, upside down, down the building. He halted when he got to me.
"Ever since I began Spider-Man, I've had this fantasy. And when I first met you-"
Before he could finish, I laid my lips against his. Our lips fit perfectly together. A laid a hand on both sides of his face.
Our lips parted, and Peter untangled himself from the web. We slipped into the window of my room and held each other's hands once more.
"I hope you know how special you are Y/n. All that you are is all I'll ever need." Peter said, gently kissing my lips making my heart flutter.
"